Own up! Who did it?

57 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

If that happened to me on land I was allowed to be on I’d be fuming but if he wasn’t meant to be there then I’m afraid it’s simply his own fault and a bad case of wrong place at wrong time.

Either way not a nice thing to happen.....

Bollocks you can't just go round barrelling dogs  if there was no threat to livestock( if there was any even present it doesn't say ) you can't just shoot a dog and  how can you mistake a cocker for a fox in broad daylight then pull the trigger safely  the unit sounds like a liability 

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Bollocks you can't just go round barrelling dogs  if there was no threat to livestock( if there was any even present it doesn't say ) you can't just shoot a dog and  how can you mistake a cocker for a fox in broad daylight then pull the trigger safely  the unit sounds like a liability 

Maybe so but other than take his guns/licence what else can he be prosecuted for? 

If I was trespassing and my dog got shot of course I’d be pissed off but ultimately I’d have to remember it wouldn’t of happened if I wasn’t where I wasn’t meant to be and doing something I wasn’t meant to be doing. 

Like you say we don’t know what happened......but if your out shooting vermin without any red dogs, your on your own land/permission, the farmer/keeper has told you no body else will be about and to shoot any Fox you see when all of a sudden something foxy sized and colour moves in the undergrowth it’s easy to say what you would do in that situation but at the time instinct can take over and results like this can and do unfortunately happen. Remember this was not a driven shoot or an organised vermin day etc.

If he was on a public footpath then yes the shooter is in the wrong and should be prosecuted for dangerous use of a shotgun and any laws about shooting near a footpath etc 

guess we will just have to wait and see what comes out in the wash.....

Edited by Stoney100

Let’s not forget this is only what we read in the press, I bet my bottom dollar a lot more to it on Both sides than we get to see in that report.

for a start, it couldn’t have been a very big hedge if that dog could clear it, ie, not above 6ft high, so all reasoning says you should be able to see someone the other side........, I would be concerned standing one side of a hedge and some one shooting into/at/along the said hedge the other side unles they knew damn well where I was standing

1 hour ago, sussex said:

Number one rule of shooting ...identify your target .No ifs or buts if he could 100% identify his target as a fox he shouldn’t have pulled the trigger ...and he shouldn’t have a ticket now ..

Mistakes happen, my cousin got glasshoused for accidentally shooting a fuucking cow in NI ffs. He had to pay for the cnut too???

As said, if I was where I shouldn't be and my dog got shot. Well I'd evaluate the circumstances as is... but at the end of the day, I shouldnt have been there, nor my dog ?‍♂️

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Mistakes happen, my cousin got glasshoused for accidentally shooting a fuucking cow in NI ffs. He had to pay for the cnut too???

As said, if I was where I shouldn't be and my dog got shot. Well I'd evaluate the circumstances as is... but at the end of the day, I shouldnt have been there, nor my dog ?‍♂️

I'd assume you'd make love to some exotic beauty you'd just met, she'd probably do things out of this world, and shot dog would be long forgotten? 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

I'd assume you'd make love to some exotic beauty you'd just met, she'd probably do things out of this world, and shot dog would be long forgotten? 

Nope. As strange as it may be.. I love my dogs and take proper care of them. Hence why non have been shot.. touch wood ?

Have to admit, if someone shot this prick, I would probably smack him/her/shim and then buy him/her/shim a drink ;)

• Haha 1
Just now, mushroom said:

Nope. As strange as it may be.. I love my dogs and take proper care of them. Hence why non have been shot.. touch wood ?

Have to admit, if someone shot this prick, I would probably smack him/her/shim and then buy him/her/shim a drink ;)

Your so pc ? ? 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, mushroom said:

Did they let him take the cow home ! ...?

8 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

two horses got shot this time last year by me

the hunters mistook horses to be moose

not sure if they got arrested or not but if they did they need their firearms taken off them for good

Just to clarify. When you say two horses got shot this time last year by me. You mean nearby, but by somebody else. 

I realise what you write after qualifies that but still. 

The article is so vague it's impossible to know what the real story is. And going by how anti shooting the media is the truth may be that the dog got hit on the road and the bloke walking it didn't want to own up to the missus that he had it off the lead, so he cooked up some daft story about it getting shot.  

• Like 2
8 hours ago, BGA said:

Just to clarify. When you say two horses got shot this time last year by me. You mean nearby, but by somebody else. 

I realise what you write after qualifies that but still. 

The article is so vague it's impossible to know what the real story is. And going by how anti shooting the media is the truth may be that the dog got hit on the road and the bloke walking it didn't want to own up to the missus that he had it off the lead, so he cooked up some daft story about it getting shot.  

Yes

two horses were shot north of were i reside 

i can clearly tell horses and moose apart

• Like 2
  • Haha 1