Rugby World Cup ......

1 minute ago, WILF said:

Mate, New Zealand not getting to the final is like Brazil not getting to the final.

Difference is, in Brazil it’s a cause of national shame.

For young people, grass roots it’s different.....it’s all about the joy of playing.

But adult competitive sport, never mind at the highest level, is all about winning.

Proper players of any sport just should not accept (imho) 2nd or 3rd or “well done for having a go lads” or any of that shit.....your names go’s on the cup or it don’t.

Not winning even a league game should be crushing for any proper player and if it isn’t then they should f**k off and take up stamp collecting. Jmho 

So you think them all taking off there medals was fine then..

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or we could watch 22 fukcing fannys throwing themselves around the floor because somebody came within three feet of them ? then when their told by the ref ( you know the guy that’s supposed to control

If as a sportsman you can’t lose gracefully then you shouldn’t be in sport. There will always be a time when you come second and it’s how you behave during that period that determines you. England wer

Just the attitude I would expect from a gay football supporter ......

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Mate, New Zealand not getting to the final is like Brazil not getting to the final.

Difference is, in Brazil it’s a cause of national shame.

For young people, grass roots it’s different.....it’s all about the joy of playing.

But adult competitive sport, never mind at the highest level, is all about winning.

Proper players of any sport just should not accept (imho) 2nd or 3rd or “well done for having a go lads” or any of that shit.....your names go’s on the cup or it don’t.

Not winning even a league game should be crushing for any proper player and if it isn’t then they should f**k off and take up stamp collecting. 

I think they are a fu king disgrace to the country,l.If it had been football the media would have had a field day.They should be thankful they get to play at the highest level.

Great_Britain_sealed_a_brilliant_win_in_the_wheelchair_rugby_of_the_Invictus_Games_Getty_Images.jpg.85e121cf62554b799c4722bab3474b3f.jpg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, WILF said:

So you are saying the way England acted was because they are proper players ?

Look at the pic wilf.

This top pic shows what proper players act like..

The bottom well .shameful..

Screenshot_20191103-092401.jpg.5d8156f251997bce2ede24a8b05e0244.jpg

If as a sportsman you can’t lose gracefully then you shouldn’t be in sport. There will always be a time when you come second and it’s how you behave during that period that determines you. England were beaten by a better team on the day and it’s disrespectful to the winners to have a hissy fit and not have the good grace to wear your second place medals. Also these are professional sportsmen they are paid to be on that pitch and to behave accordingly. They are also ambassadors of their sport and kids look up to them and emulate them so whilst in the public eye they should behave beyond reproach. If back in the changing room you smash your medal to bits that’s up to you but when I’m the public behave like a gracious looser and show some humility .......

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, socks said:

If as a sportsman you can’t lose gracefully then you shouldn’t be in sport. There will always be a time when you come second and it’s how you behave during that period that determines you. England were beaten by a better team in the day and it’s disrespectful to the winners to have a hissy fit and not have the good grace to wear your second place medals. Also these are professional sportsmen they are laid to be on that pitch and to behave accordingly. They are also ambassadors of their sport and kids look up to them and emulate them so whilst in the public eye they should behave beyond reproach. If back in the changing room you smash your medal to bits that’s up to you but when I’m the public behave like a gracious looser and show some humility .......

Excellent post , 

"If you can meet with triumph and disaster 

and treat these two imposters just the same "

• Like 2

ITS THE WAY YOU PLAY THE  GAME 

No shame in coming second ! growing up in the 50s like many other kids I Swam , Boxed Ran , and played Football and came second or worse in all of them , I did my best in all off them but often my best was not good enough but I enjoyed what I did  and always played the Game .

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, socks said:

If as a sportsman you can’t lose gracefully then you shouldn’t be in sport. There will always be a time when you come second and it’s how you behave during that period that determines you. England were beaten by a better team in the day and it’s disrespectful to the winners to have a hissy fit and not have the good grace to wear your second place medals. Also these are professional sportsmen they are laid to be on that pitch and to behave accordingly. They are also ambassadors of their sport and kids look up to them and emulate them so whilst in the public eye they should behave beyond reproach. If back in the changing room you smash your medal to bits that’s up to you but when I’m the public behave like a gracious looser and show some humility .......

And that behaviour shown by The England team is now instilled into thousands of english kids who play rugby or any other sport.

They think that's how you should behave by coming 2nd..as they have watched top players act like that..

There is no way the Welsh team would act like that.

I'd have picked that ball up in the 79th minute and gone home to sulk :laugh:

I don't think I'd have been too pleased about a second place medal after reaching the final either.

........... the right and proper thing to have done would be accept the medals, thank the hosts, then go :thumbs:

1 hour ago, king said:

And that behaviour shown by The England team is now instilled into thousands of english kids who play rugby or any other sport.

They think that's how you should behave by coming 2nd..as they have watched top players act like that..

There is no way the Welsh team would act like that.

Give over mate, I know your anti English, but you've posted more about England losing than any Welsh win...its a bit obsessional...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, socks said:

If as a sportsman you can’t lose gracefully then you shouldn’t be in sport. There will always be a time when you come second and it’s how you behave during that period that determines you. England were beaten by a better team on the day and it’s disrespectful to the winners to have a hissy fit and not have the good grace to wear your second place medals. Also these are professional sportsmen they are paid to be on that pitch and to behave accordingly. They are also ambassadors of their sport and kids look up to them and emulate them so whilst in the public eye they should behave beyond reproach. If back in the changing room you smash your medal to bits that’s up to you but when I’m the public behave like a gracious looser and show some humility .......

Hard to disagree with that, everyone hates losing but you've got to deal with it the right way...

I never saw the medals being awarded so only saw the reaction on here from all the Welsh members....lol

9 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Give over mate, I know your anti English, but you've posted more about England losing than any Welsh win...its a bit obsessional...

I'm simply stating facts newkid.

It's plastered all over the internet mate..