Back into bass

Health has got a bit interesting again of late, so I've decided (again) more me time.

I used to be really into my shore and boat fishing (more shore) but work, life and a smallholding have put all this on the back burner for way too long.

So I've decided the quickest easy fix to fit in at the drop of a hat is bass lure fishing, well Pollack, mackerel etc too if they are around.

I've still got a lot of tackle here, but I wanted a dedicated lure rod. So today after hospital retail therapy was in order.

Came out with these and a handful of lures.

Next week better tides and overcast, I will be on the north coast ?

IMG_20190920_152122.jpg

• Like 7

When I used to fly-fish for bass I  found that pink and white or chartreuse and white shrimp patterns were the best colours. Some of those Clouser flies were so heavy they could easily be cast on a light spinning outfit.

• Like 1
On 20/09/2019 at 15:52, mole trapper said:

Health has got a bit interesting again of late, so I've decided (again) more me time.

I used to be really into my shore and boat fishing (more shore) but work, life and a smallholding have put all this on the back burner for way too long.

So I've decided the quickest easy fix to fit in at the drop of a hat is bass lure fishing, well Pollack, mackerel etc too if they are around.

I've still got a lot of tackle here, but I wanted a dedicated lure rod. So today after hospital retail therapy was in order.

Came out with these and a handful of lures.

Next week better tides and overcast, I will be on the north coast ?

IMG_20190920_152122.jpg

are those reels the diawa opus?

arry off here sorted me out a pair....Will use them for deadbaiting for pike and spinning this winter?

On 21/09/2019 at 22:08, mole trapper said:

Well we got out over polzeath way, it looked so bassy it was unreal. But no fishy on a dishy tonight ? my mate had one about 3lb following his lure but just didn't commit.

Still a very enjoyable evening out.

IMG_20190921_180543.jpg

IMG_20190921_185449.jpg

IMG_20190921_180531.jpg

Looking at that 2nd pic i'd say that's a deep diving Rapala and if i may?, i'd say you'd want a shallow diver for fishing over that sort of water mate and i'd also have a few small eel like lures to try as the bass around rocks are usualy after fry so it's best to try to match the hatch as such if the bigger lures ain't catching..:victory:..

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mole trapper said:

The j11 goes down to about 3' if you really crank it in. On a slow retrieve with occasional stops it was going down a foot then popping back up etc.

If we had stayed longer the plan was to move onto soft plastics.

I fish off the suffolk coast and it's murky water at best and we've found the j13 in white with a red head to be best with the blue coming second with better sized fish but not as many as such.I've a small boat and troll most of the time but i so wish we had a rocky coast with clear water like you chaps on the west coast do.Have you done any night time lure fishing as i hear in the west it's on the up and id getting a bit of a following?.