Guide lines please if you can

Waiting for my lee 50 th to arrive 

and I will be trying to load 243=95g sst == any pointers in the right direction , ie what powder would you use ? 

also 233 55g v max ,  would the same powder be ok for both rounds , and what primers can be suggested, for both rounds please 

please don’t go mad at me , cause I haven’t a clue what I’m attempting to do 

atb lads ?

16 hours ago, David.evans said:

cause I haven’t a clue what I’m attempting to do 

If you don't know what you are doing find out........... Before you make a mistake. The only really dangerous thing not to do is to use either too much or just as bad too little powder. And to use a powder with the wrong burning speed. Get a reloading manual and READ IT like the bible until you understand it. Ideally find a powder with enough bulk that the case is full. In that way you can't  overcharge. Viht is ok but it just seems so blooming  expensive.  Lots of different powders give the same results.

Meece

nothing but good advice my friend, theres no way I would even attempt it until I have read all of the litriture I can ! 

thanks SL I’ll take that on board ?that’s you and gav have said the same so that’s what I’ll get , n140 =243 and the N133/135 =223 again that’s what walshie has suggested 

its easy to see you lads know the score and thanks for help ?

sorry walshie I’ve hundreds but you ant getting them now?

only joking mate I honestly forget again I’ll get some in the post promise 

one more please lads walnut media for the tumbler , where from ? 

If we all lived close together I’d take you all out and get you lot pissed 

?

atb lads 

• Like 1

David I’m no expert , I’ve not been at it long . It’s all a bit confusing. With different advice etc . As regards powders . I’ve gone with Vihtavuori because I can get it locally and don’t have to pay  postage .Also IMR and Hodgedon are getting hard to get hold of , so stick to European powders . If you can get it Reloader 15 is excellent for your 243 .  I would definitely get a book and have a read also watch some YouTube stuff . Don’t forget to get some decent callipers to measure overall length. ATB

• Thanks 1

SL 

IF you wait on results from me friend you will be well past retirement age ?

but I will get into it just take a long time for me to develop a load , that’s why I intended to nick yours , and Walshies 

no seriously with all this good advice how can I go wrong ??

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, David.evans said:

Been on the bay SL, what size did you get ?

I’ve got a Lyman tumbler, but I’ve seen guys on YouTube using ultrasonic cleaners to good effect. I am thinking of getting one and giving it a go . As regards size , I will just get a cheap one and just do the brass in small batches . 

85B54AB2-2591-434A-88CB-84C7C2BA4D66.jpeg

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve got a Lyman tumbler, but I’ve seen guys on YouTube using ultrasonic cleaners to good effect. I am thinking of getting one and giving it a go . As regards size , I will just get a cheap one and just do the brass in small batches . 

85B54AB2-2591-434A-88CB-84C7C2BA4D66.jpeg

Same as me. Gets the brass cleaner than an ultrasonic and doesn't make it go a funny colour.

I got my media on Amazon, I use a Frankford Arsenal Quick-N-EZ Case Tumbler, I have one of they're tricklers too, solid stuff. I also have a wee sonic cleaner using 50/50 distiled vinegar and water, Just give it five mins before a two hour tumble, they come out like new.

• Like 2