Good deer dogs (pure)

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running fast hounds after Deer, in dense woodland,.. well, its pretty obvious that sooner or later, your dogs will get seriously hurt... ? Of course, back in the day, we were different men,....it

Never no when your life going to change for the worse 

I have to admit if I was looking after getting a dog for deer saluki would have to be in it's breeding. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, D Lloyd said:

Dog looks massive in pic how big was he what's in his breeding 

He was nearly 27 tts. I bred him out of a 22 inch bitch out of the two dogs in my profile pic which were a mix of collie grey Bedlington grey his sire was to my knowledge a first cross saluki greyhound that a mate bought off a lad from Durham called Latch who was steel erecting when medowhall was being built in the 80s. The same saluki hybrid was also put over one of Tommy McPhees dogs that ended up in Rotherham I believe one out of that breeding also made a tall dog. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

He was nearly 27 tts. I bred him out of a 22 inch bitch out of the two dogs in my profile pic which were a mix of collie grey Bedlington grey his sire was to my knowledge a first cross saluki greyhound that a mate bought off a lad from Durham called Latch who was steel erecting when medowhall was being built in the 80s. The same saluki hybrid was also put over one of Tommy McPhees dogs that ended up in Rotherham I believe one out of that breeding also made a tall dog. 

Cheers looks a good animal 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, cantona said:

Not being funny but I have a pure whippet bitch 22” and strong for Bitch, could just about hold a muntjac but it would have to be a very small doe roe 

Id reckon them muntjac are more lively than roe tbh i got a bitch here 17/18 inch but very strong she can only hold munty but kill roe. Munty dont lay down and give in like some other deer i domt think.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, D Lloyd said:

I here tales of a 3 legged dog that could catch red stags day and night single handed it was only 25inches 

I think its not what a dog does that matters its how they do it. Ive seen terriers and spaniels kill hares in open fields doesnt mean they should be loaded up n took to the fens. I bet reds round boggy land with few fences n ditches be alot different to those in a big forest or open land with nothing to slow them up or keep them in the light.

56 minutes ago, C.green said:

I think its not what a dog does that matters its how they do it. Ive seen terriers and spaniels kill hares in open fields doesnt mean they should be loaded up n took to the fens. I bet reds round boggy land with few fences n ditches be alot different to those in a big forest or open land with nothing to slow them up or keep them in the light.

I guess same be sed about that bog land and fence's would be hard for that 3 legged dog and he sed he could take them on any ground I'm no expert as I'm a bunny hunter but if I had to pick some were to run reds it be on a nice big grass filed much easier I'd guess than any boggy hill land

7 minutes ago, D Lloyd said:

I guess same be sed about that bog land and fence's would be hard for that 3 legged dog and he sed he could take them on any ground I'm no expert as I'm a bunny hunter but if I had to pick some were to run reds it be on a nice big grass filed much easier I'd guess than any boggy hill land

That forestry fencing kills alot of deer i reckon dont you ?

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Your such a wanker. Why keep trying to drop your 3 legged dog into the conversation but make it out it’s somebody else’s????‍♂️ Still a Fcuking walloper I see ?

If only it was mine mine was fuking good on rabbits with 3 legs .see you still a clown who don't now me or my dogs