Good deer dogs (pure)

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

day and night out with me sghaark all them bull x and whippets be good for is back fill 

break faster then a chinese casio watch lol

Now you've gone back to being obtuse!!

The talk was of sulkikis, thought you might've been a tad offended, as to blacky's remark about them being only good for backfill.

No matter, you enjoy that tea and chocolate biscuit.  ??

• Haha 1

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running fast hounds after Deer, in dense woodland,.. well, its pretty obvious that sooner or later, your dogs will get seriously hurt... ? Of course, back in the day, we were different men,....it

Never no when your life going to change for the worse 

I have to admit if I was looking after getting a dog for deer saluki would have to be in it's breeding. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

day and night out with me sghaark all them bull x and whippets be good for is back fill 

break faster then a chinese casio watch lol

The most injury prone dog I've ever had was tainted wi the saluki blood ,never again ill stick 2 them that ain't fast enough 2 hurt themselves 

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Black neck said:

The most injury prone dog I've ever had was tainted wi the saluki blood ,never again ill stick 2 them that ain't fast enough 2 hurt themselves 

strange one mate they normally plod thereself ? 

In my opinion, the Saluki influence bring a hell of a lot to the table....?

I am an devotee of the herding based lurcher, but my best ever catch dog, was nie on a Saluki....

I never won any coursing matches,.. but I did put a deposit on the house I now own through her exertions

I was a born loser, going nowhere fast,...I will never forget that superbly game and skilful pot filler...

Mercedes,. I thank you....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 16
1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

In my opinion, the Saluki influence bring a hell of a lot to the table....?

I am an devotee of the herding based lurcher, but my best ever catch dog, was nie on a Saluki....

I never won any coursing matches,.. but I did put a deposit on the house I now own through her exertions

I was a born loser, going nowhere fast,...I will never forget that superbly game and skilful pot filler...

Mercedes,. I thank you....?

Pim0001.jpg

Coukd she kill a fox ? 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Sammyballer said:

Seen some big deer in my time but that must been some animal , your dogs catch that mate? 

I’ll be totally honest, it was a f***ing monster, and it was stopped by a single bull x bitch. Not mine, it belonged to a member on here, who probably doesn’t remember. But that moment, getting to them first and jumping on the beast, knife in hand, heart pounding, started off an obsession ? 

• Thanks 1

Fine if you only run pastureland.                                                                                                                                                      What if the only ground you could run was rough and rocky/craggy? You'd want something with a lighter footfall and variable speed surely?:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1