Good deer dogs (pure)

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running fast hounds after Deer, in dense woodland,.. well, its pretty obvious that sooner or later, your dogs will get seriously hurt... ? Of course, back in the day, we were different men,....it

Never no when your life going to change for the worse 

I have to admit if I was looking after getting a dog for deer saluki would have to be in it's breeding. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

No chance ? remember some lads who’ve never been there or seen the deer say they can’t be caught with dogs ? 

Think Dan said you’d be damn lucky to catch one with a dog. I’d be more than happy to have a bash mind ?

2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

No chance ? remember some lads who’ve never been there or seen the deer say they can’t be caught with dogs ? 

Been told the same but about

Pronghorn
Animal

The pronghorn is a species of artiodactyl mammal indigenous to interior western and central North America. Wikipedia
Speed: 98 km/h (Maximum)
Scientific name: Antilocapra americana
Height: 81 – 100 cm (Adult, At Shoulder)
Mass: 40 – 65 kg (Adult) and 34 – 48 kg (Ad
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, mush said:

Pronghorn
Animal

The pronghorn is a species of artiodactyl mammal indigenous to interior western and central North America. Wikipedia

Speed goats ? I think that would be a decent run ?

12 minutes ago, mush said:

Pronghorn
Animal

Easy enough wi a beddy

They course wild Springbok and various other gazelles in Africa with mixed sighthounds variously called Greyhounds, Galgos, Salukis, translation can be problematic as the names are interchangeable depending on language. Using packs rather than solo but once there running its a matter of running them down and the dogs manage and I believe Springbok are one of the faster gazelles. i know there are lots of video of Arab Salukis running gazelles but they are often bagged.

5 minutes ago, sandymere said:

They course wild Springbok and various other gazelles in Africa with mixed sighthounds variously called Greyhounds, Galgos, Salukis, translation can be problematic as the names are interchangeable depending on language. Using packs rather than solo but once there running its a matter of running them down and the dogs manage and I believe Springbok are one of the faster gazelles. i know there are lots of video of Arab Salukis running gazelles but they are often bagged.

yep......sounds like me and vin when were ferreting.....lol

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

I think Dan was on about white tail but I could be wrong ;)

Yup, he was, whitetail are the only species local, mule deer and antelope further west, the ones I saw yesterday were whitetail,you could have certainly had a run on a couple. 

11 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Springbok are sub-saharan and only found in the south of the continent. So Arabs ain’t running them unless imported (either way) ;)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Yup, he was, whitetail are the only species local, mule deer and antelope further west, the ones I saw yesterday were whitetail,you could have certainly had a run on a couple. 

And say fuuck off to ya dog for 20 miles and 3 days later ???

20 minutes ago, mushroom said:

20 minutes ago, mushroom said:

they wouldn’t get far with half descent dog behind mushroom somethink similar bred to yours ? 

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

they wouldn’t get far with half descent dog behind mushroom somethink similar bred to yours ? 

Lol you think? Talk to the Yanks about it love ?

Dogs that are able to run down and fight on the run with coyotes, can’t get near a whitetail was the general consensus. I’m happy to be wrong and I will bow down to anyone more educated but that’s what the boys were saying and that was across different states ;)