Good deer dogs (pure)

3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

When I say catch I meant on the deck. And aye I’ve seen dogs kicked off, stamped on, thrown into trees, spiked and end up dead. 

Seen plenty dogs running them waiting for a mistake not wanting to commit when at full run. 

Luckily never seen em kill a dog but bash em up pretty bad.

Down here in the small fields I'm not convinced they get into a full run as such, 2/300 yards and they're slowing down for a hedge.

Also find because of the herd sizes they'll almost queue to get through the hedges so you'll seen see if a dog don't want to grab one.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running fast hounds after Deer, in dense woodland,.. well, its pretty obvious that sooner or later, your dogs will get seriously hurt... ? Of course, back in the day, we were different men,....it

Never no when your life going to change for the worse 

I have to admit if I was looking after getting a dog for deer saluki would have to be in it's breeding. 

Posted Images

DFFE6572-46D8-49D2-B04D-A268553D1FC5.png.6c23e92550859e0be1b776fb5125bebd.pngthis was known as the skinny bitch ? looked anorexic held no weight but would get into out loved it only time it got marked up off a big dog fox but finished quick enough had to pts after an episode with cows and a bull how it never got no more damage then snapped teeth and a few missing i’ll never no it was getting flung 20 foot in the air 20 foot out the pack of em out cold coming round before i get there and doing it again they back each other up DFFE6572-46D8-49D2-B04D-A268553D1FC5.png.6c23e92550859e0be1b776fb5125bebd.pngcrazy day cost me a few quid 

3 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Luckily never seen em kill a dog but bash em up pretty bad.

Down here in the small fields I'm not convinced they get into a full run as such, 2/300 yards and they're slowing down for a hedge.

Also find because of the herd sizes they'll almost queue to get through the hedges so you'll seen see if a dog don't want to grab one.

I’ve noticed it’s very different ton different places. Have mooched about in some counties south of here, smaller fields, double fenced tall hedges. And you’re right they stand like cattle and then trot to jump a gap in the hedge, or mill about if there isn’t one. Then it’s just all down to if a dog wants to grab one, but it’s was a bit of a different proposition when one was running flat out a good distance from you when the dog gets slipped pre ban on a decent one. Especially if it’s just heading for a wood edge with no fence ..... and especially if it’s running down hill at all ? law of physics and all that. 

10 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I’ve noticed it’s very different ton different places. Have mooched about in some counties south of here, smaller fields, double fenced tall hedges. And you’re right they stand like cattle and then trot to jump a gap in the hedge, or mill about if there isn’t one. Then it’s just all down to if a dog wants to grab one, but it’s was a bit of a different proposition when one was running flat out a good distance from you when the dog gets slipped pre ban on a decent one. Especially if it’s just heading for a wood edge with no fence ..... and especially if it’s running down hill at all ? law of physics and all that. 

Locally most dogs will take em when they're doing that type of shit but we've got a few places where there's nothing to bounce em off and they're a different animal.

Locally they're like sheep

Screenshot_20220211-221747_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220211-221759_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220211-221827_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220211-222004_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220211-222027_Facebook.jpg

• Like 4
8 hours ago, mC HULL said:

DFFE6572-46D8-49D2-B04D-A268553D1FC5.png.6c23e92550859e0be1b776fb5125bebd.pngthis was known as the skinny bitch ? looked anorexic held no weight but would get into out loved it only time it got marked up off a big dog fox but finished quick enough had to pts after an episode with cows and a bull how it never got no more damage then snapped teeth and a few missing i’ll never no it was getting flung 20 foot in the air 20 foot out the pack of em out cold coming round before i get there and doing it again they back each other up DFFE6572-46D8-49D2-B04D-A268553D1FC5.png.6c23e92550859e0be1b776fb5125bebd.pngcrazy day cost me a few quid 

Sorry mate if I’m being bit thick here , but what are you showing there ? Don’t say that dark bit of skin about an inch from the eye ffs ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
8 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

When I say catch I meant on the deck. And aye I’ve seen dogs kicked off, stamped on, thrown into trees, spiked and end up dead. 

Seen plenty dogs running them waiting for a mistake not wanting to commit when at full run. 

Have you really seen dogs , thrown into trees or stamped on ? I have seen dogs been gouged / kicked  and a few deaths including 2 of mine plenty of times over the years ,but never thrown into trees or stamped on like a video going around Facebook of a moose stamping on sledge dogs this week .We’re talking fallow bucks here and red stags not moose ?    Not being funny here just interested to know , you caught many fallow bucks or red stags ? All preban of course 

Edited by Big Ron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Loads of really sporting chaps on here , old big Ron must be non sporting and have shit dogs as when I was in the catching deer game I wouldn’t care if they hit fences , trees , caught in the open or caught the number 57 bus to my front door as long as I caught them and they ended in my freezer ? you got to keep it honest and believable lads ?  now bucks and stags in the rut  are a different thing and this is sport of kings ? but they still didn’t get the 100 yard slip McCUll  ? we only used 1 or 2 dogs at most before you start and no motors helped ?,but this was all pre ban now 

old Ron has been very productive on here this morning after coffee and exercising hounds ?

Edited by Big Ron
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
12 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

Loads of really sporting chaps on here , old big Ron must be non sporting and have shit dogs as when I was in the catching deer game I wouldn’t care if they hit fences , trees , caught in the open or caught the number 57 bus to my front door as long as I caught them and they ended in my freezer ? you got to keep it honest and believable lads ?  now bucks and stags in the rut  are a different thing and this is sport of kings ? but they still didn’t get the 100 yard slip McCUll  ? we only used 1 or 2 dogs at most before you start and no motors helped ?,but this was all pre ban now 

old Ron has been very productive on here this morning after coffee and exercising hounds ?

??????

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Big Ron said:

Have you really seen dogs , thrown into trees or stamped on ? I have seen dogs been gouged / kicked  and a few deaths including 2 of mine plenty of times over the years ,but never thrown into trees or stamped on like a video going around Facebook of a moose stamping on sledge dogs this week .We’re talking fallow bucks here and red stags not moose ?    Not being funny here just interested to know , you caught many fallow bucks or red stags ? All preban of course 

Yep I saw a bitza bitch run into one in the forest and get scooped up and tossed, whether that was intentional or accidental I don’t know. And I have also seen a bitch retired through injury due to having its foot stamped on whilst running one on a stone track, a bit of a random accident. Was just meant to highlight that the size poses a different set up issues. 

2 hours ago, Big Ron said:

Them rutting bucks take some stopping seen them throw dogs a good 7ft in the air