Facial recognition cameras.

Apparently these cameras are becoming the norm for police forces and even private organisations. They take images of everybody including children. Nobody has given their consent for these cameras. They have just been sneeked in without parliament or citizens giving approval. Big brother!

Maybe there's a case for their use with a limited databank of terrorists or seriously dangerous criminals,  but Joe Public should be protected from these invasive devices.

• Like 2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you wont be able to throw useless dogs out of jeep windows then dogfox. your every move will be monitored.a camera in every street.every car with a gps device recording every movement. every

Truth is, no one gives a shit about liberty anymore. No one believes in tyranny. I remember when it came out that security services were recording our data and everyone simply said “oh well it’s

John spartan you have been fined 100 credits.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Apparently these cameras are becoming the norm for police forces and even private organisations. They take images of everybody including children. Nobody has given their consent for these cameras. They have just been sneeked in without parliament or citizens giving approval. Big brother!

Maybe there's a case for their use with a limited databank of terrorists or seriously dangerous criminals,  but Joe Public should be protected from these invasive devices.

Why should we be protected, in what way is it affecting you in all reality? 

17 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Why should we be protected, in what way is it affecting you in all reality? 

The state is watching my movements. I want to live in a free society where the state leaves me alone. I did not give consent to have my movements  monitored. What happens to these images? How long are they held for and for what purpose? Why are innocent people being monitored? Why can't the technology only record those on terrorist/ serious criminal databases? Surveillance on private individuals has increased a lot over the decades.It makes me feel uncomfortable. It's the thin edge of a very thick wedge.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

The state is watching my movements. I want to live in a free society where the state leaves me alone. I did not give consent to have my movements  monitored. What happens to these images? How long are they held for and for what purpose? Why are innocent people being monitored? Why can't the technology only record those on terrorist/ serious criminal databases? Surveillance on private individuals has increased a lot over the decades.It makes me feel uncomfortable. It's the thin edge of a very thick wedge.

That doesn't affect your everyday living though and is not intruding on your personal space. 

It's all good and well asking that of technology but have you ever thought that some of these terrorists might not have any criminal record at all until they commit their atrocity? 

If spying on me or you can in any way help prevent horrific attacks like the Manchester bombing then spy away for me. 

Edited by Jobi
  • Like 1

A terrorist who isn't completely mentally defective will cover his face with a hat or other piece of clothing.How much success has this technology had?  The brits have a long tradition of not carrying ID cards,of not having our movements tracked, and not living in a police state..... but our traditional freedoms are being attacked big time by these cameras.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

A terrorist who isn't completely mentally defective will cover his face with a hat or other piece of clothing.How much success has this technology had?  The brits have a long tradition of not carrying ID cards,of not having our movements tracked, and not living in a police state..... but our traditional freedoms are being attacked big time by these cameras.

Well wouldn't that make it easier for surveillance as the vast majority of folk don't walk around with their faces covered? 

If I can't see them watching me then I'm not arsed tbh, they have bigger fish to fry than interrupting you or me. 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Well wouldn't that make it easier for surveillance as the vast majority of folk don't walk around with their faces covered? 

If I can't see them watching me then I'm not arsed tbh, they have bigger fish to fry than interrupting you or 

Lots of people routinely cover their faces: hoodies,  blokes with long peaked baseball caps, muslim women. 

What guarantee have we got that there isn't a case of mistaken identity?  What guarantee we won't be suddenly arrested for not paying a parking fine? None.

A couple of years back I was in Italy. Italians are supposed to carry ID all the time and tourists their passports. Three cops went along a queue in a railway station checking everybody's papers whilst trying to look as sinister as possible. When they came to me I told them my passport was in my hotel bedroom in a safe. They hummed and harred and tried to intimidate me with much discussion and shaking of heads and then f****d off. It really pissed me off, trio of pretend nazis I don't want to live like that.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

Lots of people routinely cover their faces: hoodies,  blokes with long peaked baseball caps, muslim women. 

What guarantee have we got that there isn't a case of mistaken identity?  What guarantee we won't be suddenly arrested for not paying a parking fine? None.

A couple of years back I was in Italy. Italians are supposed to carry ID all the time and tourists their passports. Three cops went along a queue in a railway station checking everybody's papers whilst trying to look as sinister as possible. When they came to me I told them my passport was in my hotel bedroom in a safe. They hummed and harred and tried to intimidate me with much discussion and shaking of heads and then f****d off. It really pissed me off, trio of pretend nazis I don't want to live like that.

You would like to believe they have got the technology to sieve through all that and make a strong detection. 

Truth is, no one gives a shit about liberty anymore. No one believes in tyranny.

I remember when it came out that security services were recording our data and everyone simply said “oh well it’s impossible for them to go through it all”. Frankly I was probably one of them!

Ill say one thing and it should scare the piss out of everyone that understands it...... Machine Learning! It’s here now, it’s getting better, everyone is using it and it’ll make processing infinite amounts of data doable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Don't know what everyone is so worried about then. ?

They will however improve as technology advances/the data base gets bigger ie were all on it.

Big Brothers been here for a while.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
Just now, dytkos said:

They will however improve as technology advances/the data base gets bigger ie were all on it.

Cheers, D.

Here’s an example. Currently it’s facial recognition, soon it’ll be behaviour recognition, they won’t even need to see your face!

before long the sensors will step from being simply visible light and monitor a whole host of other signals. There’s some interesting work being done in to brain responses to different stimuli, essentially the early stages of mind reading. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

Yes and as long as they use it for our safety and protection I'm all for it.