Vihtavuori N140

I was advised to load my .243’s with Reloader 15 . I’ve been trying to get some locally but nowhere near me has it , and I’m not paying £14 to Henry Krank to have it delivered. So I’m going to buy some N140 . The trouble I’m having is the lack of data for 70grn Sierra blitzkings with N140 I’ve tried my Vihtavuori app and my book but no data on this combination. Anyone tried this combination? What worked for you ?

15 hours ago, Gav said:

Try Here or Here, hope you find something.

This maybe the one though?

Cheers Gav This was just what I was after .? I’ve been told that vihtavuori are quite conservative with their data and that you can go a bit beyond their specified max . I think I will start off at 37.4 grn and work Mg way up . ATB 

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Cheers Gav This was just what I was after .? I’ve been told that vihtavuori are quite conservative with their data and that you can go a bit beyond their specified max . I think I will start off at 37.4 grn and work Mg way up . ATB 

Yeah I found those links when I was changing over to REACH powders, use the N140 with 150gn sierra spitzer in .308 win, I'm around 2gns under they're max, even trying a max load the pressures we're ok, just a better group a tad under, and it is bloody accurate, N550 on the 165gn and still got loads of H335 for 125gn.

Thought it was going to be a nightmare going REACH compliant, but so far its not been bad, and a bit of fum getting out doing new loads ?

Let us know how you get on.

43 minutes ago, Gav said:

Yeah I found those links when I was changing over to REACH powders, use the N140 with 150gn sierra spitzer in .308 win, I'm around 2gns under they're max, even trying a max load the pressures we're ok, just a better group a tad under, and it is bloody accurate, N550 on the 165gn and still got loads of H335 for 125gn.

Thought it was going to be a nightmare going REACH compliant, but so far its not been bad, and a bit of fum getting out doing new loads ?

Let us know how you get on.

I will do . I’m going to do a few 3 round batches and see which performs the best  . I’m glad most of my shooting is done with .223 , these .243 rounds are nearly double the powder “ bah humbug “.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

On here it only lists data for Viht N160 for 70gr .243win. Have you read N140 elsewhere or something?

We're all still in the dark with REACH really, untill we all start sharing data we collect, like in the 70's, then the loads will become standard!

Just be safe, know pressure signs! Start low aim high ?

We'll get there, good luck guys.