Finally got to try the Night Site until....

On 21/09/2019 at 13:58, si brown said:

I’ve nearly been trampled a few times Ls..

if im using nv I give the cows and horses a quick shine of me torch now, seems to put them at ease and knock off there inquisitiveness when they know where and what you are..it doesn’t seem to put the rabbits off either?

Will definitely be doing that next time Si, 

I didn't see them at first as I shooting from the rape into the cow field as it has a good back stop, it was only when I climbed over the gate and walked near the brow to walk round the field I caught a glimpse of the eyes looking at me. 

Note to ones self quick scan with the torch before concentrating through the NV?

• Haha 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a mooch around the cow field next to the rape to finally try the NV on the 17.Not a bad start 2 within  5 minutes of pulling up, still light. First one a good clean head shot at 90 yards then next

Be careful longshanx..........

And he is a better shot than you to nothing mentioned who was top shot last night O go on then ill tell them SI,,3 Henry,,13

Posted Images

On 20/09/2019 at 17:40, villaman said:

I think you find Phil the pard 007 is cheaper than niteshit  That is the one I use

On 20/09/2019 at 17:40, villaman said:

I think you find Phil the pard 007 is cheaper than niteshit  That is the one I use

I got the Nitesite brand new half price VM, I was looking at the pards but I shoot right handed but left eye dominant, so I thought it may be a bit tricky using the pard. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Longshanx said:

Will definitely be doing that next time Si, 

I didn't see them at first as I shooting from the rape into the cow field as it has a good back stop, it was only when I climbed over the gate and walked near the brow to walk round the field I caught a glimpse of the eyes looking at me. 

Note to ones self quick scan with the torch before concentrating through the NV?

I'm thinking about selling a kidney and buying a thermal spotter, nothing can hide even in the mist when your nv's legs run out!!

• Like 2

It’s seem thermals have gone a bit quiet at the moment . The new pard thermal was meant to be the bees knees and at a very good price , but came in at the same price as a pulsar , which doesn’t make sense 

Have thought about 008lrf but really want thermal   ,can’t see which way to go at the moment :laugh:

18 minutes ago, villaman said:

It’s seem thermals have gone a bit quiet at the moment . The new pard thermal was meant to be the bees knees and at a very good price , but came in at the same price as a pulsar , which doesn’t make sense 

Have thought about 008lrf but really want thermal   ,can’t see which way to go at the moment :laugh:

Iv just ordered the pard 008lrf Mitch

Vis,s is the bee,s knees there like a thermal with out the thermal if you know what i mean

the picture quality is second to none mate 

iv not seen any thing like it and it has picture in picture to just like the xq thermals

but if i had the money id get a thermal with out a doubt 

there the future but they need to drop the price by a lot lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

44 minutes ago, si brown said:

I'm thinking about selling a kidney and buying a thermal spotter, nothing can hide even in the mist when your nv's legs run out!!

They are bloody good, I use both thermal and nv, often spotting with thermal and taking the shot with nv,  both have pro’s and cons, but don’t be fooled into thinking thermal are foolproof in every weather mate, I’ve had them white out before when I’ve been out on the pigs, too much moisture in the air and they can be next to useless.

19 minutes ago, Rabid said:

They are bloody good, I use both thermal and nv, often spotting with thermal and taking the shot with nv,  both have pro’s and cons, but don’t be fooled into thinking thermal are foolproof in every weather mate, I’ve had them white out before when I’ve been out on the pigs, too much moisture in the air and they can be next to useless.

ive used a few before, some were crap but the pulsars were the best ive seen trough but never been out in really bad weather!

im gonna see if my mate can get a pulsar key on demo, recon a grand is more than enough to spend on a spotter!

which one do you use rob?!

saw a second hand quantum lite the other day at a good price

8 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

That's ok, we need good riflemen here too.

We all started with an air rifle and some of us still shoot one daily.

was out with me apprentice last night, hes a bit young for hanging out of the window with a shotgun or cf so an airguns a good starting place:thumbs:

0V3V0Z3XTqK3N9uzFCGwvg.jpg.64d9238ee681e25d5ea7daad5d8dd4ff.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, si brown said:

ive used a few before, some were crap but the pulsars were the best ive seen trough but never been out in really bad weather!

im gonna see if my mate can get a pulsar key on demo, recon a grand is more than enough to spend on a spotter!

which one do you use rob?!

saw a second hand quantum lite the other day at a good price

I’ve looked through quite a few and used several in anger and I don’t think the pulsar can be beaten just yet, (even against some that are double the price of the pulsar)  I use the xq38 spotter and the trail xq50 scope

nv I use the n870lrf

Really want to get my hands on the thermion  and see how that compares out in the field.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, si brown said:

was out with me apprentice last night, hes a bit young for hanging out of the window with a shotgun or cf so an airguns a good starting place:thumbs:

0V3V0Z3XTqK3N9uzFCGwvg.jpg.64d9238ee681e25d5ea7daad5d8dd4ff.jpg

And he is a better shot than you to

nothing mentioned who was top shot last night

O go on then ill tell them

SI,,3

Henry,,13

:feck::feck::feck:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

And he is a better shot than you to

nothing mentioned who was top shot last night

O go on then ill tell them

SI,,3

Henry,,13

:feck::feck::feck:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

All I can say is he’s my boy...

l’ll quite happily sit in the background , 13 down inn less than  hour ?

no help from the old git:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 29/09/2019 at 20:42, si brown said:

All I can say is he’s my boy...

l’ll quite happily sit in the background , 13 down inn less than  hour ?

no help from the old git:)

Me to si me to mate

he is a cracking lad my friend

;););)

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: