Finally got to try the Night Site until....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a mooch around the cow field next to the rape to finally try the NV on the 17.Not a bad start 2 within  5 minutes of pulling up, still light. First one a good clean head shot at 90 yards then next

Be careful longshanx..........

And he is a better shot than you to nothing mentioned who was top shot last night O go on then ill tell them SI,,3 Henry,,13

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

If breathing through your ears is part of your diving technique, I’ll bet your Mrs has a permanent grin, and a funny walk????

Why the confused face Gav, oxygen starvation muddled your head??

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’ve nearly been trampled a few times Ls..

if im using nv I give the cows and horses a quick shine of me torch now, seems to put them at ease and knock off there inquisitiveness when they know where and what you are..it doesn’t seem to put the rabbits off either?

• Like 5
5 hours ago, si brown said:

if im using nv I give the cows and horses a quick shine of me torch now, seems to put them at ease and knock off there inquisitiveness when they know where and what you are..it doesn’t seem to put the rabbits off either?

Sound advice, if you are out amongst cattle at night without a torch , only thermal or NV and the cattle get spooked it is dangerous. It’s happened to myself and another keeper. I was out amongst a suckler herd and they charged  me , I narrowly escaped , my arse was twitching a bit I can tell you . 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, si brown said:

I once got trampled by 70 odd cull sows. Loading lorry, all on then they decided they having none of it, all streaming back off, trying to hold them on with board but sheer weight knocked me on back. Pigs ran right over me, luckily only for 5 seconds before another lad dragged me out. Cut me black & blue though and fright of my life. Effing hate pigs!

• Sad 1
21 minutes ago, David.evans said:

I take it there’s no sausages on your plate in the morning, lol ? 

atb ben 

Honestly, I worked with pigs for 5 years, managing two units, both more than 3000 sows.... put me off pork for a loooonnnggg time!! But nah, love a bacon butty!! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Honestly, I worked with pigs for 5 years, managing two units, both more than 3000 sows.... put me off pork for a loooonnnggg time!! But nah, love a bacon butty!! 

I worked in a bacon factory on the butchery line when the building trade collapsed at the start of the 90's...

it put me off bacon sandwiches for about 10 mins :laugh:

I like me cigs and a beer but I recon it'll be the side affect of too much bacon that puts me in me box

• Haha 5

Every bull that came up to me got me kicking it in the nose, they never came up to me again! Cows with calf's I keep an eye on and no dog should be on a lead if near cows with calves. If the dog can't be off a lead near cows with calves shoot the bloody unruly dog and get a book about dog training.

• Thanks 1