Finally got to try the Night Site until....

Had a mooch around the cow field next to the rape to finally try the NV on the 17.Not a bad start 2 within  5 minutes of pulling up, still light. First one a good clean head shot at 90 yards then next 75 yards. This was before even getting to the cow field. 

As I got to the field no sign of the cows, they were in the next field, winner game on. I thought it strange that there was no rabbits about? Now this field is usually bouncing. 

Then a quick scope around i spot a vixen with a cub in tow. 

Sods law no caller! Tried a mouth squeek but couldn't get them in to a good back stop? next thing they disappeared into the wood. 

As soon as they disappeared the rabbits came out happily munching on the grass. 

The night came in so on with the NV dropped another 3 in the field, happy days I thought...... 

Next thing you know I clock a load of eyes looking at me, the cows decided they wanted to come into the field I was in, along with the big fecking bull. This boy is a big bad bruiser of a thing and they are getting close. Heres me in the middle of the field with the gate being a good 200 yards away! I've never moved so quick in the dark before, I was off like a shot and jump over the gate. 

In all an eventful night and pleased with the NV, just a shame to cows spoilt it otherwise I reckon the bag would have been a good one. 

Plenty more opportunities to get at them so called it a night. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a mooch around the cow field next to the rape to finally try the NV on the 17.Not a bad start 2 within  5 minutes of pulling up, still light. First one a good clean head shot at 90 yards then next

Be careful longshanx..........

And he is a better shot than you to nothing mentioned who was top shot last night O go on then ill tell them SI,,3 Henry,,13

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Longshanx said:

Had a mooch around the cow field next to the rape to finally try the NV on the 17.Not a bad start 2 within  5 minutes of pulling up, still light. First one a good clean head shot at 90 yards then next 75 yards. This was before even getting to the cow field. 

As I got to the field no sign of the cows, they were in the next field, winner game on. I thought it strange that there was no rabbits about? Now this field is usually bouncing. 

Then a quick scope around i spot a vixen with a cub in tow. 

Sods law no caller! Tried a mouth squeek but couldn't get them in to a good back stop? next thing they disappeared into the wood. 

As soon as they disappeared the rabbits came out happily munching on the grass. 

The night came in so on with the NV dropped another 3 in the field, happy days I thought...... 

Next thing you know I clock a load of eyes looking at me, the cows decided they wanted to come into the field I was in, along with the big fecking bull. This boy is a big bad bruiser of a thing and they are getting close. Heres me in the middle of the field with the gate being a good 200 yards away! I've never moved so quick in the dark before, I was off like a shot and jump over the gate. 

In all an eventful night and pleased with the NV, just a shame to cows spoilt it otherwise I reckon the bag would have been a good one. 

Plenty more opportunities to get at them so called it a night. 

I took a kick on my thigh couple weeks back from a cow, cut my leg open & bruised now, still bloody sore! 

10 hours ago, David.evans said:

Good job he didn’t catch you mate 

good shooting what nv did you get 

atb 

Cheers Dave. I'll try and get a picture of him he's a big lad. Arse dropped right out as soon as he came walking over, he filled the NV?

I'm using the Nitesite Wolf, cracking bit of kit, ideal for the 17 & 22

I have the NiteSite Wolf and a Viper and rate them. A lot of people don't like them but I find they do the job very well indeed. I just wished I had the R-Tek version where you can dim the screen without dimming the IR but silly money for what extra you get. I think it must be possible to modify the screen by fitting a variable pot but it is over my head, crap with clever stuff like that.

Phil

• Like 1

That’s easy sorted mate , I had the nitesight a long time ago and my face used to light up like Blackpool lights 

just get some window tint the plastic stuff and cut out and cover the screen and it’s still to bright double it up 

I found red / green the best , I’ll see if I can find a link for you from the bay 

does work well tho mate 

atb ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, David.evans said:

That’s easy sorted mate , I had the nitesight a long time ago and my face used to light up like Blackpool lights 

just get some window tint the plastic stuff and cut out and cover the screen and it’s still to bright double it up 

I found red / green the best , I’ll see if I can find a link for you from the bay 

does work well tho mate 

atb ?

Best thing to do with niteshit is throw it as far as you can . I hate tv screen NV units and I mean hate

I looked at these when they first came out at the midland game fair , I said to them about the glare then , but they didn’t seem to like what I said 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, villaman said:

Best thing to do with niteshit is throw it as far as you can . I hate tv screen NV units and I mean hate

I looked at these when they first came out at the midland game fair , I said to them about the glare then , but they didn’t seem to like what I said 

Yes BUT you are wealthy Mitch and can afford expensive bits of kit ?, for us old farts, the nitesite works.

Phil

• Like 1