Stanley I'm doing with basics tools.

DSC_1417.JPG.308c600d7265d71bbe49ed648cf7ff5a.JPG

Started by drilling the band holes, and two holes for the pins of the scales. DSC_1429.JPG.40c8da3e3e11aebefb6bccb0fad76239.JPG

Linatex band and some oak I cut off a big block with a handsaw, bloody hell of a job. DSC_1435.JPG.4cae4a8030807c28b004cc4e4e68f7a0.JPG

Drilled Round dthe scales after I bonded them on. IMG_20190913_134325_900.jpg.897199ae25e4057d20080b3f34636c7a.jpg

Just sanding away now over a few evenings slowly. 

DSC_1418.JPG

DSC_1436.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The aluminium cores I can get £15 Posted, does most frame, then you can just scale and do as you please. Will get some more pics up as I progress. As I say scales arnt perfect by a long way but I'm doing it with only hand tools and not alot of patience lol. 

The elastic is linatex square the proper square stuff of the old days I have a supply of it here. Paul the draw is actually OK it does loosen a bit when it breaks in and packs plenty of power as you can see. 

Tyong the pouch on that way reduced the bulk and wastage of the bands. 

17 hours ago, C.green said:

Nice feller. Whats that elastic like ?

Linatex mate I have some for sale if you want to try any not the crap sware they sell now. 

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Nice one dar like the way you done the pouch, sits nice, what’s the draw like on that red stuff ?

Draw is good I still only draw to my chin with it but it lobs anything this stuff.