Just to bring a bit more attention...

4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Probably rules out my dog then. Don't suppose you'll be short of mad c**ts with knives, so I'll praps be of no use. :laugh:

Unless you want to bowhunt them.... :D

Killed a few with knives. Mad cnuts would be a hindrance.

• Haha 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that's why you ain't invited

No No No, they are pointers, chien d'arret in french is pointing dogs, end of. I think I might be right in saying the only french HPR is a Brittany. Apologies for the negative start to my reply, but i

I'll put some more photos up later of my last hunt up there.

Posted Images

Just now, Balaur said:

I still feel the main issue is having a majority of experienced dogs that can find amongst deer and fox, otherwise you just won't get onto the pigs...

Pretty sure it won't matter mate. Pigs are not going to sit about while dogs are running through. Regardless of what they are after ;)

34 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Ey well we said that but they'll sit tight as , when we were up on the high ground with lads with dogs pushing through below I saw nowt , but you know what's there I just feel something's got to change in how we might approach it else you're gonna have a similar result. The temperature was a little warm for the scenting dogs which didn't help. I'd probably repeat the trip as was , as it's a great experience, the journey , the terrain the local evening out, it would have made it to put something on the deck though. 

Exactly what we are trying to do mate. When we did it, there just wasn't enough dogs runing free to put enough pressure on. I've been up there when its warm and I've walked with the packs pushing through. Scenting isn't the main thing. It's the person/s controlling the dogs and deciding where to walk them and also trusting them if they pick up on something. A pack of hounds speaking or terriers tipping is for sure gonna move the fat buggers ?

The people with catch dogs will not be roaming about. They will be stood at a peg. The pigs will run past ;)

• Like 1