Just to bring a bit more attention...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that's why you ain't invited

No No No, they are pointers, chien d'arret in french is pointing dogs, end of. I think I might be right in saying the only french HPR is a Brittany. Apologies for the negative start to my reply, but i

I'll put some more photos up later of my last hunt up there.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

None... they shoot them. The big headed breeds are now banned as catch dogs :whistling:

What a stupid idea that is, I know let's ban breeds that are most capable of doing the job quickly and efficiently..... 

17 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

The chasse round here do a lot of boar hunting. They don't use the type of dogs that you would expect to see. Most are hound based. The most popular chiens d'arrêt  (stop dogs) are listed here:

https://chien.ooreka.fr/tips/voir/750073/15-chiens-de-chasse-d-arret

They use those breeds listed as catch dogs? 

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, Jobi said:

Yes. The chiens d'arrêt  are literally 'stop dogs'. To be fair most of the time on the hunts I have seen the boar are driven towards guns. But when one is wounded and lost they bring four or five stop dogs to search, follow and hold the boar until someone can get close enough to shoot it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Yes. The chiens d'arrêt  are literally 'stop dogs'. To be fair most of the time on the hunts I have seen the boar are driven towards guns. But when one is wounded and lost they bring four or five stop dogs to search, follow and hold the boar until someone can get close enough to shoot it.

OK so they are usually shot first, thanks for clearing that up pal. I thought for a minute daft lad was going to slip his lurcher on a fresh boar...... 

4 minutes ago, Balaur said:

They'll be Bayer's, as opposed to luggers or whatever Americans call em, the former yaps and bays nipping it's arse, the latter grabs a mouthful and holds on....

Most dogs will bay, not many will take hold and keep hold without getting cut up to death if the type has no substance. 

13 minutes ago, Jobi said:

No No No, they are pointers, chien d'arret in french is pointing dogs, end of. I think I might be right in saying the only french HPR is a Brittany. Apologies for the negative start to my reply, but its in response also to Nicepix reply. They dont bring chien d'arrets to find lost bigger game.

Lost bigger game is often found with teckels, in the permit de chasse papers one year was included the phone numbers of a few teckel owners in an association who'd blood track. But theirs always a few fox terrier owners even more local even more local, & ive had the pleasure to witness.

On this subject @mushroomim probably half way down from uk to your good self & have access to a boar training park should anyone be interested in it. Its not for catch and hold dogs though unless you want to buy the boar you catch, if you wanted to run your dog with a few experienced dogs that may be possible. 7.5 hrs from Calais or 6 from Dieppe, 7.5/8 from Barcalona.

• Like 4

Ok this is Spain not France ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Waz said:

No No No, they are pointers, chien d'arret in french is pointing dogs, end of. I think I might be right in saying the only french HPR is a Brittany. Apologies for the negative start to my reply, but its in response also to Nicepix reply. They dont bring chien d'arrets to find lost bigger game.

Lost bigger game is often found with teckels, in the permit de chasse papers one year was included the phone numbers of a few teckel owners in an association who'd blood track. But theirs always a few fox terrier owners even more local even more local, & ive had the pleasure to witness.

On this subject @mushroomim probably half way down from uk to your good self & have access to a boar training park should anyone be interested in it. Its not for catch and hold dogs though unless you want to buy the boar you catch, if you wanted to run your dog with a few experienced dogs that may be possible. 7.5 hrs from Calais or 6 from Dieppe, 7.5/8 from Barcalona.

Waz just about to say the same about the French dogs jumbo jobbie posted.. that's France you tard.. this is Spain!

Waz that's a top offer and if we get this moving,  might be a good addition for the people travelling down ;)

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Waz said:

I know.. its different country, stylee & culture & with a bit of luck ill be able to blag a lift ?

I'm pretty sure if the lads are coming to you for a bit of help training the pups,  you'll have a lift lol failing that get the high speed train to sants BCN and I'll pick you up ?

Edited by mushroom
20 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Ok this is Spain not France ?‍♂️

Waz just about to say the same about the French dogs jumbo jobbie posted.. that's France you tard.. this is Spain!

Waz that's a top offer and if we get this moving,  might be a good addition for the people travelling down ;)

What the hell you babbling on about button mushroom, it wasn't me who put the list of French dogs up you plonker. 

You're getting all confused with all the shite ya come out with. ?

Edited by Jobi