Just to bring a bit more attention...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that's why you ain't invited

No No No, they are pointers, chien d'arret in french is pointing dogs, end of. I think I might be right in saying the only french HPR is a Brittany. Apologies for the negative start to my reply, but i

I'll put some more photos up later of my last hunt up there.

Posted Images

I think most hounds from U.K. would be broke to boar and as it’s illegal here any that might hunt them won’t be in a rush to post it on line.

id look local or in France/Italy/Germany/Hungary etc where its more common to hunt boar as they will have hounds ready made for the job 

1 minute ago, Stoney100 said:

I think most hounds from U.K. would be broke to boar and as it’s illegal here any that might hunt them won’t be in a rush to post it on line.

id look local or in France/Italy/Germany/Hungary etc where its more common to hunt boar as they will have hounds ready made for the job 

That I understand ;)

Anyone that is interested can send me a PM and I will speak with them via WhatsApp or email off the site ;)

The European packs are an option. The idea is to give the ladies and gentlemen of Blighty a chance to pop over with theirs and do some legal work.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, socks said:

Ive got a lurcher here that will nail anything but I do t think she would fair well against a boar. 

Bag them up with a vest, pig collar etc and then you'll see. If this gets off the ground, that is exactly what I'll be doing.... without the vest or collar ?

To be clear to everyone, this at the moment is an idea. If we can get it to work then hopefully it will be a regular thing for Brits to work stronger dogs. But it needs to work and we are just learning the how.

So that everyone understands; the catch dogs must not have a mastiff or bull shaped head (now illegal to loose these types here) Alaunts, bullx etc will fall into that category if their muzzle isn't long enough or they aren't lab x boxer x greyhound etc, on paper ;)

Edited by mushroom
10 minutes ago, mushroom said:

To be clear to everyone, this at the moment is an idea. If we can get it to work then hopefully it will be a regular thing for Brits to work stronger dogs. But it needs to work and we are just learning the how.

So that everyone understands; the catch dogs must not have a mastiff or bull shaped head (now illegal to loose these types here) Alaunts, bullx etc will fall into that category if their muzzle isn't long enough or they aren't lab x boxer x greyhound etc, on paper ;)

I can't see many other types getting stuck in to the boar without those qualities that are banned.