Hounds on boar in Spain

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'd be surprised how it rubs off on you ? I have to admit... the other day, I took a two hour lunch, had a 3 course meal with wine, went back to work and did fuuck all ?

I don't think there will be many private pack racing across to hunt boar as if like are own if they hunt anything other that fox they wouldn't be here long but I know a local foxhound pack to me had a

As you know from the last trip, it was a great experience and bloody good fun but none of our  dogs knew what they were hunting for!! Lol I think J's dog hit 1.8km on the garmin at one point then

On 14/10/2019 at 11:15, Born Hunter said:

"Ahem-bowhuntthem-ahem"

?                  ?          

:angel:

If you've had a pig fly past you at full pelt being chased by dogs and you think you can hit it with an arrow... I'm sure the owner would like to see that feat ?

Born "William Tell" hunter ??

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

How European of you ?

You'd be surprised how it rubs off on you ?

I have to admit... the other day, I took a two hour lunch, had a 3 course meal with wine, went back to work and did fuuck all ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 15/10/2019 at 17:01, mushroom said:

If you've had a pig fly past you at full pelt being chased by dogs and you think you can hit it with an arrow... I'm sure the owner would like to see that feat ?

Born "William Tell" hunter ??

I had one like a shetland pony clad in coconut matting  show at high speed over/across a track in front of me and it was so quick that I never even had time to get the gun to shoulder.  It is very difficult when you are put on a peg /stand and you don't know the lay of the land, where there will be a break through and where dogs are.. it's quite a high though.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Meece said:

I had one like a shetland pony clad in coconut matting  show at high speed over/across a track in front of me and it was so quick that I never even had time to get the gun to shoulder.  It is very difficult when you are put on a peg /stand and you don't know the lay of the land, where there will be a break through and where dogs are.. it's quite a high though.

Get one running full chat at you and first thought is you want to get high up 

in a tree ?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Get one running full chat at you and first thought is you want to get high up 

in a tree ?

I was told by an experienced shot to get on one knee to shoot boar coming toward you if your on the ground and not up in a raised stand. ( If you've got the nerve ).  He reasoned that kneeling you were smaller and that you were shooting straight at the target rather than having to add downward lead as the target closed in. He said that he had seen people ripped and seriously injured  by boar going through them. One of the son in laws has a place down in middle France and says that when they have the local boar shoots it is wise to stay inside as they tend to shoot all over the place and everyone wears yellow hi vis.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I don’t think it will work.

Have you seen the land intended to be worked? I have.

The land is worked rwgular with a pack, pushing the boar to guns. Why would it not work to swap guns for catch dogs? You'll probs not get as many boar but I'm sure you'd get one or two, plus a fuuck load of good sport.