Groovy Stan

Groovy Stan was a decent Greyhound,made finals of both Irish and Scottish Derby ,would be 15 now if still alive ,but I don't think he is .

He sired about 40 pups but to be honest he never sired anything any good ,if that price of 1200 isn't a misprint,the pup I have in my yard whose sire was an open race winner and whose grandsire won the Scottish Derby is worth 5000!!!!

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

It's a decent greyhound. I think the seller might reduce his price after a month or so  of no sales. 

Month or so?? That long?? ? I reckon he will change his number within a week the amount of people ringing taking the piss out of him ???

The difference between a successful greyhound and an ordinary greyhound can be the blink of an eye. As long as the greyhound is sound physically and temperamentally  and has good stamina then you don't need a big name dog when producing lurchers.  In this litter the fusing of deerhound and bull blood is going to slow the pups down so much that using a class greyhound is pointless in my opinion. It's a selling tactic.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 5
11 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Month or so?? That long?? ? I reckon he will change his number within a week the amount of people ringing taking the piss out of him ???

The groovy Stan highlight will disappear An the add will read bull greyhound deerhound greyhound pups next week £150 a pup ??Fecking chancers in this game cracks me up ??£1200 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

The difference between a successful greyhound and an ordinary greyhound can be the blink of an eye. As long as the greyhound is sound physically and temperamentally  and has good stamina then you don't need a big name dog when producing lurchers.  In this litter the fusing of deerhound and bull blood is going to slow the pups down so much that using a class greyhound is pointless in my opinion. It's a selling tactic.

Your Berra off wi 1 what's bin banned for fighting 

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Your Berra off wi 1 what's bin banned for fighting 

That's  about as daft as going on a pub crawl with a bloke who is banned  from all the pubs for fighting.? Counter productive. Most greyhounds have plenty of fire in the belly. You don't want it coming out in aggression to other dogs.

• Like 3

2/8 Deerhound and 6/8 Greyhound ! Why not say 1/4 Deerhound and 3/4 Greyhound. Like Jukel123 mentioned the difference between a top Greyhound and an also ran is the blink of an eye, any Greyhound you use will add speed but for Lurcher breeding  you also want temperament and a hardy bitch that's had plenty of races and has been bullet proof over her career. I also like to breed from sprinters as they tend to be bigger,powerful bitches. jmo

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1