What ye think of this in the hallway

4 minutes ago, socks said:

???

Its all well and good laughing you saucy f****r if i told you to write down the pronunciation you would have to make up new letters !!

Must admit i struggled with this place " Rhosllanerchrugog ".......i mean why......just why.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a large book and magazine collection years ago but got rid of most of them after meeting quite a few of the well known authers/contributors and realised that most of them are completely full of

Some taxidermy job

mine are in my lads bedroom......my Mrs hates them....moans about my old photos of dogs long gone and my books....slowly getting rid of my book collection....can't see my children having the same pass

Posted Images

Lol the welsh don’t spit when they pronounce it ? just finished a nice fry up whilst waiting to collect my new truck so I will “attempt” to write down a way of pronouncing it when I get back this evening ???

1 hour ago, socks said:

Lol the welsh don’t spit when they pronounce it ? just finished a nice fry up whilst waiting to collect my new truck so I will “attempt” to write down a way of pronouncing it when I get back this evening ???

You will " attempt " to write down a way of pronouncing it.....says it all mate ?

On 18/09/2019 at 09:13, Born Hunter said:

Not strictly taxidermy, but it’s natural history which imo goes hand in hand.

I f***ing love the Natural History Museum.

4B459E79-FA9B-46B1-BEC6-022160DE0303.jpeg

994B3216-E839-4386-88CD-212ECEF9AEB9.jpeg

I have always thought Tollund Man was pretty amazing, you can even see the whiskers on his face.

I love anything that connects us to our European history.

I also visited this amazing place in Sicily called the catacombs.......it’s full of almost perfectly preserved dead people !

They are all over the show dressed in the same clothes they were brought in with on the day they died and it’s a massive cross section of people from ordinary every day workers to admirals & bishops.

There is one particular corpse of a child around 3 and she looks like she is just asleep she is that well preserved.

Most of the corpses are over 100 years old and many much, much older.

It sounds a bit morbid but it’s actually a fascinating place.

• Like 2
On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 09:13, Born Hunter said:

Not strictly taxidermy, but it’s natural history which imo goes hand in hand.

I f***ing love the Natural History Museum.

The Natural History Museum has to be my favourite. I was always amazed by the Blue Whale in the hall.  The Natural History museum in Tring, Herts is  also good,   worth a look if your passing through, it's only small, so you can see it all fairly quickly. There's a good dog section with some famous dogs

()tring mick the miller 8ab.jpg

() tring Greyhound_Ballyregan_Bob_-_2aa.jpg

() Tring saluki & Borzoi saluki 1886-1907 nP1000424_Medium.jpg

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

The Natural History Museum has to be my favourite. I was always amazed by the Blue Whale in the hall.  The Natural History museum in Tring, Herts is  also good,   worth a look if your passing through, it's only small, so you can see it all fairly quickly. There's a good dog section with some famous dogs

()tring mick the miller 8ab.jpg

() tring Greyhound_Ballyregan_Bob_-_2aa.jpg

() Tring saluki & Borzoi saluki 1886-1907 nP1000424_Medium.jpg

Don't really follow greyhound racing, how do the times of these past legends compare with modern dogs? 

11 hours ago, robertb123 said:

The main entrance hall is an amazing place, with the Darwin statue and bust of the famous hunter Frederick Selous, the Mammoth skeleton etc. But most of all just the architecture. It's such a grand entrance. With the landings and the 360 degree 1st floor landing there are so many angles to view the blue whale.

One day I'd like to attend a formal lecture and evening 'do' there. It's a grand place and I'd like to experience a truly grand event.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

The main entrance hall is an amazing place, with the Darwin statue and bust of the famous hunter Frederick Selous, the Mammoth skeleton etc. But most of all just the architecture. It's such a grand entrance. With the landings and the 360 degree 1st floor landing there are so many angles to view the blue whale.

One day I'd like to attend a formal lecture and evening 'do' there. It's a grand place and I'd like to experience a truly grand event.

I went around 10 year ago, do you know if there's been any new attractions introduced in the last decade? I was like a kid in a sweety shop. ?

4 minutes ago, Jobi said:

I went around 10 year ago, do you know if there's been any new attractions introduced in the last decade? I was like a kid in a sweety shop. ?

Not sure mate. The Blue whale will be new I'd think. Probably a Diplodocus when you went? I'd be very surprised if nothing had changed significantly in a decade. :good:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Not sure mate. The Blue whale will be new I'd think. Probably a Diplodocus when you went? I'd be very surprised if nothing had changed significantly in a decade. :good:

The Blue Whale was there when I went, wished i Iived closer so could visit more often. 

Edited by Jobi