Scottish weather

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'm north west lewis, up by the butt ?

Harris is Na Hearadh?

Either im thick as arseholes or theres a language issue here ?

Not to worry it all looks very nice.....ive always fancied saying " im going to the Outer Hebrides "....it always sounds just about as far away as you can go ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll agree with you there, there is a massive problem in the cities on the mainland, hence why I really only go mainlanding when I need stuff I canny get sent. The other hand, we don't have a doo

aye its a shithole ???weathers shite 

love the place....just wish it wasn't a 12 hr drive up there?best place I've ever been,just knock a door and they let you on to fill your boots ..... not been up for a few yrs but will be taking

Posted Images

England has some of the most beautiful villages and landscape in the world, it’s just either over populated or the life has been ripped out because of second homes.

I drove through Kent the other day, a place very familiar from my childhood, and it has some of the most picturesque chocolate box villages and hamlets you will ever see......except there were fecking cars and litter and filth everywhere and the air was stinking.

My old man had a small holding not far from Sandwhich when I was a kid, we used to go to the cattle market and the mill and all that, smell of hops in the air etc etc.

They have built a dirty great f***ing housing estate next to Sandwhich now which no doubt will fill up with odd marks, it really detracts from the protected little historic cinque port and its beauty.

Scotland don’t  have anywhere close to the same population and you can breath, that’s why it retains its beauty and soul and it’s what makes it such a wonderful place.......massive parts of it are also not very “PC” so oddments get told to f**k off !

long may it stay that way 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 7
23 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Why am I a prick? Just my opinion. I spent half my childhood and youth going to Scotland for the fishing and shooting, in fact right up to my thirties. 

I have just formed the opinion that sport, pubs and food is better in England. Its only the same as someone else saying they love Scotland. Iv spent feckin a thousand hours freezing on Scottish marshes watching geese three mile up with cowboys takin pot shots. While goose guides top up their dole money. Or paying to sit on a duck pond knowing nothings coming. We had loads of shooting back home but just wanted lads adventure trips away, iv been ripped off more in Scotland than anywhere. Give me a flight on the wash or morecambe Bay any day. 

There's some good breweries Scotland but try getting a pint of real ale anywhere. 

Have you ever eaten a scottish pie ?

England were once playing Ireland, and all the jock pubs were full of Irish flags. 

Went for a week in the Highlands last year, full of tourists and all the shops and bars were staffed with Eastern Europeans. Visited the Isle of skye, the main town listed it's war memorial as as a tourist attraction. 

All them deer and no staghounds, the fck is that all about ? 

Bag of wank. Give me the west country and exmoor any day. 

Bawbag !!

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Where is that mate ?....i just put Eilean Siar into Google maps and its just pointing at the sea.....i know its the Isle of Harris just cant find the actual place.

Isle of Harris look a beautiful place by the way good for you.

I know you have been to Scotland but I don’t know if you have ever been to Northern Ireland mate, but I get a feeling a lad like you would feel very at home with that sense of pride they retain about their country and their culture, also (in Northern Ireland) that massive outward display of pride in being British.......I actually feel very at home as a British lad in those places and I think a bloke like you would as well.

Edited by WILF

went to a kebab/chip shop up near grantown on the spey few yrs back for a munch after a long day out on the hills.....was surprised to see 2 little Indian birds with Gupta spots on the foreheads in full garb serving there.....they had the thickest jock accents id ever heard???couldn't keep a straight face....the f***ing grub was banging tried a mushy pea fritter and deep fried haggis?

• Like 1
Just now, Daniel cain said:

went to a kebab/chip shop up near grantown on the spey few yrs back for a munch after a long day out on the hills.....was surprised to see 2 little Indian birds with Gupta spots on the foreheads in full garb serving there.....they had the thickest jock accents id ever heard???couldn't keep a straight face....the f***ing grub was banging tried a mushy pea fritter and deep fried haggis?

Sausage, bean and black pudding pie......can’t beat it.

Also, a half pound burger with a slab of haggis and peppercorn sauce is outstanding.......it’s a heart attack on a plate but outstanding all the same !

• Like 2

The bit to really wrap your head around when you see English, Scots, Welsh and Irish lads having the banter with each other is that actually in terms of Britain those 4 nations have only existed for a minuscule amount of time......1850 years ago we were all just Celtic Britain’s 

Gealic celts, Brittonic celts and Picts........

The actual establishment of seperate nations is much, much younger than that still........

56 minutes ago, WILF said:

The bit to really wrap your head around when you see English, Scots, Welsh and Irish lads having the banter with each other is that actually in terms of Britain those 4 nations have only existed for a minuscule amount of time......1850 years ago we were all just Celtic Britain’s 

Gealic celts, Brittonic celts and Picts........

The actual establishment of seperate nations is much, much younger than that still........

How did Britain split into 4 different countrys. 

Must of started off as a tribal thing maybe.

And the populations grew...

4 minutes ago, king said:

How did Britain split into 4 different countrys. 

Must of started off as a tribal thing maybe.

And the populations grew...

England is only about a 1000 years old, it’s an Anglo Saxon invention.......the others came into being as seperate nations further down the line with various invasions, wars, rebellions, acts of parliament etc etc but at the time of the druids we were all just Britains......seperate geographical tribes but all Britain’s 

The British Isles still includes Ireland in the world  of geography.

Germanys patron saint is I believe from Cornwall ! 

• Like 2