Are they all getting a backhander ?

The world has changed, lib dem, tory, labour whatever doesn't mean much anymore. The western world is now divided between those who want big government and open borders in tandem with global corporations involved in everything and nationalists that want to keep nation states and small government fulfilling traditional roles like defence of the realm and infrastructure.

There are certainly big money rewards to be had after government for individuals such as Sir Oliver Robbins the civil servant who led the effort to make sure the last government did not leave the eu has just started his new job with global investment bank Goldman Sachs, known as 'the vampire squid'. There are people in industries that like big government and open borders because they are subsidised by tax payers or profit from easy access to foreign markets they can undercut, cheap foreign labour or materials. Probably the biggest group of people that believe in remain and the open borders and big government that the eu brings are those who have done well over the last 20 or so years in the public sector and big corporations that have taken on these ideas as a set of beliefs from the people around them that they know best because they are educated and make decent money and it is like a religion to them. They are also afraid that leaving could result in an end to their success in work.

To answer the original question, there are so many politicians trying to remain partly because they will be getting lucrative offers from global businesses to do so, but also because they genuinely believe their way is right and better for them and leave is wrong and worse for their prospects.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Can someone explain to me why nearly 100 Tory MP's were wanting out of the EU and asking for a referendum? 

That doesn't sound like behaviour from people who are getting backhanders. 

Just because they don't believe in the EU and wanted out.

498 MP's voted to to trigger article 50.

17,410742 people voted to leave as well.

Some MP's and the majority of people vote to leave.

Cheers Arry

14 minutes ago, Arry said:

Just because they don't believe in the EU and wanted out.

498 MP's voted to to trigger article 50.

17,410742 people voted to leave as well.

Some MP's and the majority of people vote to leave.

Cheers Arry

That's very un-MP like though, biting the hand that feeds them. I just can't see why they would want out when they are all supposedly get back handers. 

1 hour ago, Jobi said:

Can someone explain to me why nearly 100 Tory MP's were wanting out of the EU and asking for a referendum? 

You keep mentioning back handers. Can you please either elaborate or put up some links so we know what you are rererring to?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

You keep mentioning back handers. Can you please either elaborate or put up some links so we know what you are rererring to?

It's just something I've picked up on, especially on social media. 

I constantly see people stating they are all corrupt and getting back handers from the EU. 

3 hours ago, Jobi said:

It's just something I've picked up on, especially on social media. 

I constantly see people stating they are all corrupt and getting back handers from the EU. 

Well, until you actually see some proof you are just speculating. Apart from those on the payroll as a result of being MEPs or staff the only people I know who have received money from the EU are as a result of grants made due to their pro-EU policies. Those are a very few top politicians, not the majority of the House of Commons as you are making out.

Might be better to stop using this as a 'fact' to support your views. There is enough bad about the EU without making things up. It just gives the Remoaners more ammunition.

3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Well, until you actually see some proof you are just speculating. Apart from those on the payroll as a result of being MEPs or staff the only people I know who have received money from the EU are as a result of grants made due to their pro-EU policies. Those are a very few top politicians, not the majority of the House of Commons as you are making out.

Might be better to stop using this as a 'fact' to support your views. There is enough bad about the EU without making things up. It just gives the Remoaners more ammunition.

You're getting your wires crossed pal. I don't actually believe all that I'm just repeating what I've been seeing on social media and such. 

Have you seen the millions these MPs are getting for retirement ? Unbelievable what the likes of Kinnock etc are being paid. If we where getting that dough with our noses right in the trough we would all be fighting tooth and nail to stay in the EU and F*ck what the Country voted for. 

IMG_3316.PNG

Edited by MickC
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Jobi said:

Getting back handers from a different source,city of London banksters

On 16/09/2019 at 13:26, MickC said:

Have you seen the millions these MPs are getting for retirement ? Unbelievable what the likes of Kinnock etc are being paid. If we where getting that dough with our noses right in the trough we would all be fighting tooth and nail to stay in the EU and F*ck what the Country voted for. 

IMG_3316.PNG

There are 28 countries all with ex-ministers getting these kind of salaries and pensions. Imagine what that costs the tax payers on top of the pensions these people also receive from their own countries?

• Like 3
On 16/09/2019 at 12:26, MickC said:

IMG_3316.PNG

This is the real reason the b*****ds are denying Brexit £££££££££££  for their own gain & fukc the people , look at Kinnock an absolute serial failure yet he’s worth millions stabbing the country in the back , Mandelson sacked not once but twice , cash for questions wasn’t he earning enough ? and Blair twice reinstated him why ? these people in their Westminster sanctuary don’t give a toss about what’s right for the country only what’s right for them ? and they have become that arrogant they don’t even try and hide it !! 

• Like 1