scotish preban coursing pics

The picture is not that clear when you zoom in but I’m pretty sure that bloke with the red bitch the second from the right hand side in the second picture down is Dennis burns with his bitch called gyp. He won a competition called the Cawdor coursing challenge in Scotland with that bitch and beat sankey, Harry burton etc to win. He put that bitch gyp to Caulfield’s joe and I drove up to the top of Scotland to get one of the pups about 14 years ago and still running the same bloodlines to this day  

• Like 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a couple of pics I found in my shed from a few years back, I thought some might like to see, some of the lads are sadly gone, good craic back then.

Paul was also one of the Core Marchers who walked from Scotland to London to join up with the Hyde Park Rally, held on 10th July 1997, as a protest against the then "proposed" Hunting Act. Paul was al

I don't rely think it maters,  all game can be caught easily on some ground and be imposable on different ground, just to me up there they were easy so I only caught 1 or2 and then just walked my dogs

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Did you go ? Was that the competition they called the Cawdor coursing challenge 

yes I was in it that year it was at Cawdor castle it was the last one before the scotish ban.

Edited by two crows
28 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

The picture is not that clear when you zoom in but I’m pretty sure that bloke with the red bitch the second from the right hand side in the second picture down is Dennis burns with his bitch called gyp. He won a competition called the Cawdor coursing challenge in Scotland with that bitch and beat sankey, Harry burton etc to win. He put that bitch gyp to Caulfield’s joe and I drove up to the top of Scotland to get one of the pups about 14 years ago and still running the same bloodlines to this day  

that chap was called denis I am sure, but he did not win that day it was a team event and England won, my bitch won all her courses but drew with that bitch.

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

How many courses, and how many brown hares killed on the first day t c?

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

How many courses, and how many brown hares killed on the first day t c?

there were 4 men in each team every body ran every body so each dog had four courses and I honestly cant remember one getting away, all the dogs were decent single handed dogs, I don't care for double running but a great time was had with some good lads, me and steve Roberts were up for dog of the day but he got it.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

fens do you recognise the old dog next to your mate.

47 minutes ago, two crows said:

there were 4 men in each team every body ran every body so each dog had four courses and I honestly cant remember one getting away, all the dogs were decent single handed dogs, I don't care for double running but a great time was had with some good lads, me and steve Roberts were up for dog of the day but he got it.

Godbless Steve he was a lovely bloke lived a couple of miles down the road from me . Regards Collie John .

• Like 1

Sniper, that's a blast from the past

I was stopped by a coursing man one time when out road walking he wanted to know about my dogs, and then went on to tell me about all the good dogs he had seen, and how he rated Sniper as the top stamina dog of the lot

Edited by low plains drifter