This is all we need out here.

6 minutes ago, jetro said:

Should do, hasn't change that much in the last 100 years or more lol.

On saying that, I wouldn't live anywhere else in the world. Is clean, safe and quite here. No crime or trouble. Nobody bothers you or gets in your business. 

Couldn't ask more than that.

Atb j 

To say I’m envious is a massive understatement. ?. I maybe overstating the facts about where I live or it could be that people in general and their opinions on all things rural are changing or maybe I’m just turning into an unsociable cnut that doesn’t like change. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These will be have been allocated to Ireland by the EU as part of their refugee policy. The thing is that many councillors are too afraid to ask questions: Can the EU guarantee that all these are

They don’t settle well here mate, When was the last time you saw a wog in wellies?.......they soon get uncomfortable in their Nike airs and flip flops walking about ankle deep in water and cow shit ov

People don’t believe me when I say this  but I’d never met a black guy until I was 24 honestly , not one , Asians as in Chinese and Indians but not an African descent until then.  Two o

53 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

To say I’m envious is a massive understatement. ?. I maybe overstating the facts about where I live or it could be that people in general and their opinions on all things rural are changing or maybe I’m just turning into an unsociable cnut that doesn’t like change. 

I can be quite unsociable also, lol,  deffently don't like change. That's the beauty about where i live, same families living on the same bits of land for a 100 years or more , everyone knows everyone else  but don't care about what they get up too.

Atb j 

• Like 3
Just now, dogmandont said:

Like bluebottles round a corpse. 

Thing is, they do a shit job and the company struggles, loses orders etc so they then move to rented properties/caravans etc in another area where the cycle continues. The local workers/population with family ties, mortgages etc get shafted by them. 

Cheers, D.

4 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Thing is, they do a shit job and the company struggles, loses orders etc so they then move to rented properties/caravans etc in another area where the cycle continues. The local workers/population with family ties, mortgages etc get shafted by them. 

Cheers, D.

Hunt with a lad who’s whole family worked in the slaughter houses when the money was good before the cheap labour pushed them out.

23 hours ago, jetro said:

Taoiseach urges Grealish 'to clarify' remarks 

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/bAWQVo

Sent via @updayIE

These will be have been allocated to Ireland by the EU as part of their refugee policy. The thing is that many councillors are too afraid to ask questions:

Can the EU guarantee that all these are genuine refugees and not economic migrants?

Can the EU guarantee the good character of all of these people and what are they prepared to do should any be found not to be of good character?

What are the options should any choose not to remain in the hostel and refuse to return?

What plans are there to integrate these people into our society; education, job training, housing, etc and who is going to pay for this?

What steps have been taken to ensure that current residents who have difficulty finding work are not going to be disadvantaged by an additional number of unskilled labour?

This is the sort of thing that the Hungarians are asking of the EU and they are refusing to accept their quotas. It is about time more local politicians  put pressure on their governments to overturn these ridiculous schemes.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 4
38 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

These will be have been allocated to Ireland by the EU as part of their refugee policy. The thing is that many councillors are too afraid to ask questions:

Can the EU guarantee that all these are genuine refugees and not economic migrants?

Can the EU guarantee the good character of all of these people and what are they prepared to do should any be found not to be of good character?

What are the options should any choose not to remain in the hostel and refuse to return?

What plans are there to integrate these people into our society; education, job training, housing, etc and who is going to pay for this?

What steps have been taken to ensure that current residents who have difficulty finding work are not going to be disadvantaged by an additional number of unskilled labour?

This is the sort of thing that the Hungarians are asking of the EU and they are refusing to accept their quotas. It is about time more local politicians  put pressure on their governments to overturn these ridiculous schemes.

thing is once they are accepted into any member state they then have free movement and can go wherever they want, this whole immigration system needs overhauling on a world wide basis but the first step should be kick out the ones who don`t deserve to be here

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, neil82 said:

thing is once they are accepted into any member state they then have free movement and can go wherever they want, this whole immigration system needs overhauling on a world wide basis but the first step should be kick out the ones who don`t deserve to be here

That is the whole point that Hungary is making to the EU. The refugees don't want to be there and Hungary does not want them. But they have to spend loads of money to take their share of the quota who then simply vanish overnight.

Now, no disrespect to Ireland, but many of those allocated simply do not wish to stay. So why should Ireland pay for the setting up of a hostel and all the ancillary costs when the people they are supposed to be offering sanctuary to leave as soon as possible to pursue their lives elsewhere?

Until the Irish government start asking these questions to the EU and not harassing local politicians who are voicing genuine concerns the situation can only get worse.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

That is the whole point that Hungary is making to the EU. The refugees don't want to be there and Hungary does not want them. But they have to spend loads of money to take their share of the quota who then simply vanish overnight.

Now, no disrespect to Ireland, but many of those allocated simply do not wish to stay. So why should Ireland pay for the setting up of a hostel and all the ancillary costs when the people they are supposed to be offering sanctuary to leave as soon as possible to pursue their lives elsewhere?

Until the Irish government start asking these questions to the EU and not harassing local politicians who are voicing genuine concerns the situation can only get 

Well,  in this particular part of ireland, where the article was mentioning,  there's, no employment, housing, job training ect, only one doctor and he said he doesn't or couldn't take on extra work like this.

It's a small farming town, that's does a fair trade in the summer months of angling on Lough corrib, that's all.

What are these people going to do when winter comes round, nothing to  do to pass the time, unless the head into the city, and who pays for that. 

It's a shame that our own young people have immigrate for a better life, but this country takes in others, to give them a better life, instead of looking after their own first.

• Like 3

So basically there can be no other reason for choosing this location than the availability of accommodation? 

Any small town that has such accommodation available would be now under pressure from residents to get rid of it to the private sector with caveats on its usage or make it uninhabitable.