YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC

Watching a programme tonight on british rock bands, early seventies late sixties stuff, it made me think how my tastes in music have changed.Being in my teens in the 60s brought up on the beatles, stones ect certain bands stick out the who was one for me , tull, pink floyd, loads of good bands around then. And then came prog rock, probably the most affected period in rock music, although some are still around. But now i love to listen to cajun , some folk, and even sea shanties, But irish music still takes some beating, as does dylan and cash. So has your tastes changed and what age group are you.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can listen from anything to the 50's, house and even classical. If a song is good it's good no matter what era it came from. My playlist has a right assortment. 

Guns N Roses is my all time favourite, especially their earlier stuff but, I enjoy most music. Stand By Me by Ben E King is a big favourite.  I'm 40 so, I like a lot of the catchy dance musi

My music is all over the place and depends on how I’m feeling ,    fleet wood mac rod stuart meatloaf Bill withers   anything soul wise  garth Brooks  randy tra

Agree with jobi, I’ve gone through fazes with music periods ,  from

Blues to heavy metal to dance  to rock n roll 

now in the car I have CDs from iron maiden to lynard skynard to rizzle kicks and prodigy all depends on my mood really .

i buy CDs from charity shops then if I hit a pot hole and it marks it I just throw it away  the car stereo hasn’t got a USB port lol 

oh and I’m  45 ?

Guns N Roses is my all time favourite, especially their earlier stuff but, I enjoy most music.

Stand By Me by Ben E King is a big favourite. 

I'm 40 so, I like a lot of the catchy dance music from the 90s and 00s.

Some of the older rock n roll, older Motown and Soul. Some of the Vietnam era yank bands.

I can't get my head around  Jazz - it just sounds like a load of pissing about with instruments to me.

I can't stand Rap or Garage music.

........... the worst is when some fuckwit remakes a really good song and dumps a load of rapping in the middle of it - like Every Breath You Take by Sting.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Listen to music everyday at work and like other bounce from different eras and genres with each song. Would much rather sit and listen to music than watch tele

Gone right off of tv, not a day goes by when I dont have my music on though ?

• Like 1

My music is all over the place and depends on how I’m feeling , 

fleet wood mac

rod stuart

meatloaf

Bill withers  

anything soul wise 

garth Brooks 

randy travis 

blake Shelton 

bit Dolly Parton 

but then can have day listening to garage rnb