Out with robin foxer

13 hours ago, Stavross said:

I’m going to have to get a paper round Dave to save up for one, the xq38 binocular is still £2750, I’ve played with a couple of thermal spotters, but having them as a binocular in my opinion just works far better 

Funnily enough i tried a mates accolade last night and was very underwhelmed. I didn't like it at all having to use two hands instead of one. I much prefer my helion XQ50, but each to their own.

1 hour ago, ianm said:

Funnily enough i tried a mates accolade last night and was very underwhelmed. I didn't like it at all having to use two hands instead of one. I much prefer my helion XQ50, but each to their own.

I know what you mean with having to use two hands and it is quite bulky but the main thing I like about them is the binocular and using both eyes, they seem ideal for one spotting and one shooting 

23 hours ago, Stavross said:

I know what you mean with having to use two hands and it is quite bulky but the main thing I like about them is the binocular and using both eyes, they seem ideal for one spotting and one shooting 

It didn't help any the fact i wear glasses , trying to line two eyes up to get it to focus as opposed to one was a ball ache to be honest.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I find my monocular fine for driving around spotting. I’ve heard that a binocular thermal/ NV  messes up your eyes adjustment to the dark , leaving you unable to see at all once you put them down . 

My mate did the old driving whilst spotting routine, unfortunately he drove off the track down a fifteen foot embankment. Luckily he had the presence of mind to turn into the way the motor was going or he would have rolled it. ? 

41 minutes ago, ianm said:

My mate did the old driving whilst spotting routine, unfortunately he drove off the track down a fifteen foot embankment. Luckily he had the presence of mind to turn into the way the motor was going or he would have rolled it. ? 

I’ve had a couple of close calls. Haven’t rolled it yet , or got it stuck . I’ve been following these tracks for close on 15 years now and know it like the back of my hand . I’ve got no lights on , I’ve had the sidelights disconnected so I’m as invisible as possible. The worst thing to happen was I hit a big square bale of hay that had been left on a track ready for the cattle farmer to feed the following day . He said “how could you not see it ? It’s massive!!! “ A bit difficult when you haven’t got your lights on and you are driving by a bit of ambient light and memory I suppose.