Out with robin foxer

Well we covered a massive amount of ground last night, it’s certainly very different to up my way, with the harvest moon the going was tuff, with no cover on huge fields we found them very weary, we could pick them up with the thermal ( and what a bit of kit that is ) but trying to get them to come out in the open was a different matter, we managed a couple both well over 200 yards and then turned our attention to the hares for a game dealer  order, running the thermal around the fields I couldn’t believe the amount of hares and muntjac it was like shooting fish in a barrel, in one field of cabbages I counted over 40, the thermal binoculars are a stunning bit of kit, been able to pick out far more than with the NV or the lamp but at £5200 I think I’ll stick with the torch for now

94FABB51-E32A-4364-9B52-309E0660E6E1.jpeg

A5D15A56-6507-4C37-A37E-E837172D7154.jpeg

7138CF72-2552-4077-9C2B-7FCEFAE0AE6B.jpeg

• Like 6
10 hours ago, David.evans said:

Or a xq38 mate 

well done ? 

I’m going to have to get a paper round Dave to save up for one, the xq38 binocular is still £2750, I’ve played with a couple of thermal spotters, but having them as a binocular in my opinion just works far better 

Only got a 23v Stav but  i can see all i need ,osses for courses .Yes i,d love bells n whistles but i dont have them dollars so what ive got works though as Dave say XQ38 is the best rated of them all .Ive used my pals 50 and yes its good but the same issue applies thermal shows all but the price is omg 

Well I don't know. I managed to get in range of two fox's last night via walking and lamps, then proceeded to MISS!

So if I had spent a deposit on a house just to spot the swining things I would of hung myself last night!

Rifle checking again later. I have no idea what went wrong but suspect it's an age thing!