Crow Hawking

Moorman 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three flights today, good re call once the quarry had put into cover. On the third flight I could feel that the bird was zoned into her quarry, taking a stealth approach, low level until they rose and

Managed to slip out for a quickie after work. Quick slip on the black stuff and missed it, was having a bit of a fly about getting some lift off the side of a hill. I just reached into the bag for the

A strange one today. Slipped her in high wind, drizzle, wet and windy with intermittent visibility. She disappeared into the fog on her gull, we were tracking her for a couple of hours I suppose. Then

Posted Images

16 hours ago, sprockerjay said:

I hope he is,would be nice if he started this thread up again or any one else who is flying a pursuit falcon 

Cheers, I'm sure that someone will be!  

6 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Glad your still keeping your hand in ?

I will put up a thread when I get chance!

• Like 2
On 24/10/2020 at 18:46, sprockerjay said:

Can't wait love reading this stuff is there anyone in Newcastle area flying a bird that wouldn't mind me tagging along some time 

Cheers 

I got a mate from Durham I could ask him if you could tag along 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, sprockerjay said:

That would be great if you could don't know anyone local to me who fly's birds and the ones that do won't  share the knowledge ,you would think it was illegal the way nobody wants to help a newbie get started lol 

It’s not that  mate it’s people are just a on the back foot when it comes to new people as birds can get pinched  / deliberately released Or end up on some anti sites making out the sport is barbaric etc etc ..... plus bird men are a special kinda weird lol ? I’ll drop him a pm and see what he says . 

2 hours ago, sprockerjay said:

That would be great if you could don't know anyone local to me who fly's birds and the ones that do won't  share the knowledge ,you would think it was illegal the way nobody wants to help a newbie get started lol 

Pm me , sorted you couple days out , 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

@Moorman 1

Will you be able to breed from your hybrid falcon, seeing as there's three species/types already in her, and would it have to be A I?

Cracking thread, by the way ?

Most of the hybrid/tribreds are infertile they are usually done by AI. But I know of natural pairings that have clicked,although fertility is usually low.

Thank you ?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

Most of the hybrid/tribreds are infertile they are usually done by AI. But I know of natural pairings that have clicked,although fertility is usually low.

Thank you ?

Thanks for the reply mate.

Still can't really get my head round how they can do that, when all I've read says different lol. 

Anyway, that falcon of yours certainly looks well worth breeding from, if it's possible.

Wish I had the time to get into it all. Like I said, this is a cracking thread ?

45 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Thanks for the reply mate.

Still can't really get my head round how they can do that, when all I've read says different lol. 

Anyway, that falcon of yours certainly looks well worth breeding from, if it's possible.

Wish I had the time to get into it all. Like I said, this is a cracking thread ?

Thanks I appreciate it.

Yes some of the breeding information is variable as it's not an exact science, where hybrids are concerned. 

• Thanks 1