Crow Hawking

Moorman 1

12 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

How come it’s more believable with a bop but when I had accidents with my lurcher years ago no one believed me ?

was she ok with the horses there? Looks it .

I know what you mean.....I can't help it if the land that I have permission to fly her on seems to attract the gulls, even though its several miles from the sea. Even when there aren't any there she seems to find one somewhere!

She is totally unbothered by any livestock which can be a worry at times. I found her plucking a crow one day underneath a herd of Highland cattle, she was in the middle of about 30 or so.

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three flights today, good re call once the quarry had put into cover. On the third flight I could feel that the bird was zoned into her quarry, taking a stealth approach, low level until they rose and

Managed to slip out for a quickie after work. Quick slip on the black stuff and missed it, was having a bit of a fly about getting some lift off the side of a hill. I just reached into the bag for the

A strange one today. Slipped her in high wind, drizzle, wet and windy with intermittent visibility. She disappeared into the fog on her gull, we were tracking her for a couple of hours I suppose. Then

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Moorman 1 said:

I know what you mean.....I can't help it if the land that I have permission to fly her on seems to attract the gulls, even though its several miles from the sea. Even when there aren't any there she seems to find one somewhere!

She is totally unbothered by any livestock which can be a worry at times. I found her plucking a crow one day underneath a herd of Highland cattle, she was in the middle of about 30 or so.

That’s good but must be a worry thinking about her being trod on ?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Thanks.

I'm probably going to feed her up shortly for a few months then bring her back into condition for some spring time pest control.

She’s definitely earned her keep mate I’d be chuffed to bits with the amount kills she put away 

11 hours ago, Elchapo said:

She’s definitely earned her keep mate I’d be chuffed to bits with the amount kills she put away 

Yes its difficult to keep her going now the clocks have changed and like you said she's earnt a rest, and it leaves me more time to concentrate on other commitments.

1 hour ago, Moorman 1 said:

Yes its difficult to keep her going now the clocks have changed and like you said she's earnt a rest, and it leaves me more time to concentrate on other commitments.

Yea clock going back mke it bit now difficult , I take my Harris work with me and do fitness work through dinner and then lamp her every other night untill weekend 

• 2 weeks later...