Crow Hawking

Moorman 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three flights today, good re call once the quarry had put into cover. On the third flight I could feel that the bird was zoned into her quarry, taking a stealth approach, low level until they rose and

Managed to slip out for a quickie after work. Quick slip on the black stuff and missed it, was having a bit of a fly about getting some lift off the side of a hill. I just reached into the bag for the

A strange one today. Slipped her in high wind, drizzle, wet and windy with intermittent visibility. She disappeared into the fog on her gull, we were tracking her for a couple of hours I suppose. Then

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Never thought of flying a bird from a vehicle.?

It can have its uses at times, its surprising how sometimes you can get closer to them if they're used to the farmer driving around checking and feeding stock.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Yeah funny how wildlife like deer etc can get used to farm vehicles ?

In medieval times when hunting deer they used to have a deer costume that two people would get in and use to get close to deer as deer weren’t afraid of horses or they used to cover there horses to make them look like deer 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

In medieval times when hunting deer they used to have a deer costume that two people would get in and use to get close to deer as deer weren’t afraid of horses or they used to cover there horses to make them look like deer 

Native Americans done similar but I was more on about vehicles with rattly Diesel engines. 

Thats it all wildlife gets familiar with items that they regularly encounter but doesn't harm them, they learn to ignore them. Corvids however can quickly associate a certain vehicle that the falconer or shooter arrives in, the same as they can tell if you are carrying a gun or a stick.

• Like 1

A strange one today. Slipped her in high wind, drizzle, wet and windy with intermittent visibility. She disappeared into the fog on her gull, we were tracking her for a couple of hours I suppose. Then suddenly the magic box said sitting. We honed in on her walking across a valley, and there she was with two crows side by side and both still warm. I would say that she was probably plucking her kill and was being mobbed and one of the antagonists got too close and he paid the penalty, lol.

Kill 31 & 32.

Kill 31,32.jpg

Kill 31.32.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

One looks smaller ? Could one been adult parent mourning a youngster ? Bet your heart was racing with with the wait ?

Its strange how pics on mobiles can be distorted the closer one is bigger but not by much. I do think that you are correct though as the one that she is eating had a lot of the primaries still in the blood.

• Like 1