Crow Hawking

Moorman 1

Three flights today, good re call once the quarry had put into cover. On the third flight I could feel that the bird was zoned into her quarry, taking a stealth approach, low level until they rose and took flight. She picked her target amongst the group and almost had a bind on the first strike. Keeping the pressure on all the way I could see that she was going to win this battle, the crow bailed towards the ground and she bound to him before he touched terra firma. A nice flight and number 21 was in the bag.

Kill 21.jpg

Kill. 21.jpg

• Like 9

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three flights today, good re call once the quarry had put into cover. On the third flight I could feel that the bird was zoned into her quarry, taking a stealth approach, low level until they rose and

Managed to slip out for a quickie after work. Quick slip on the black stuff and missed it, was having a bit of a fly about getting some lift off the side of a hill. I just reached into the bag for the

A strange one today. Slipped her in high wind, drizzle, wet and windy with intermittent visibility. She disappeared into the fog on her gull, we were tracking her for a couple of hours I suppose. Then

Posted Images

Managed to slip out for a quickie after work. Quick slip on the black stuff and missed it, was having a bit of a fly about getting some lift off the side of a hill. I just reached into the bag for the lure I looked up and thought what is that coming towards me across the hill? She rolled over and got her wings in tight, I heard an almighty crack and a squawk. The gull dropped stone dead, she rolled over and followed it to the ground, job done! Kill 24 

20190917_153928.jpg

20190917_160008.jpg

• Like 9
19 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Managed to slip out for a quickie after work. Quick slip on the black stuff and missed it, was having a bit of a fly about getting some lift off the side of a hill. I just reached into the bag for the lure I looked up and thought what is that coming towards me across the hill? She rolled over and got her wings in tight, I heard an almighty crack and a squawk. The gull dropped stone dead, she rolled over and followed it to the ground, job done! Kill 24 

20190917_153928.jpg

20190917_160008.jpg

Happy days only good gull is a dead gull 

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Keep them coming, bops have always interested me bit never had the time to have one . I find the fact you can see it’s flight pattern and distance amazing ?

And as said only good Gull is a dead one . 

Thank you. I was going to stop as I thought that maybe it was a bit same old. I'm glad that it is of interest to you.

• Like 2