Crow Hawking

Moorman 1

Three flights today, good re call once the quarry had put into cover. On the third flight I could feel that the bird was zoned into her quarry, taking a stealth approach, low level until they rose and took flight. She picked her target amongst the group and almost had a bind on the first strike. Keeping the pressure on all the way I could see that she was going to win this battle, the crow bailed towards the ground and she bound to him before he touched terra firma. A nice flight and number 21 was in the bag.

Kill 21.jpg

Kill. 21.jpg

• Like 7

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to slip out for a quickie after work. Quick slip on the black stuff and missed it, was having a bit of a fly about getting some lift off the side of a hill. I just reached into the bag for the

Three flights today, good re call once the quarry had put into cover. On the third flight I could feel that the bird was zoned into her quarry, taking a stealth approach, low level until they rose and

A strange one today. Slipped her in high wind, drizzle, wet and windy with intermittent visibility. She disappeared into the fog on her gull, we were tracking her for a couple of hours I suppose. Then

Posted Images

Managed to slip out for a quickie after work. Quick slip on the black stuff and missed it, was having a bit of a fly about getting some lift off the side of a hill. I just reached into the bag for the lure I looked up and thought what is that coming towards me across the hill? She rolled over and got her wings in tight, I heard an almighty crack and a squawk. The gull dropped stone dead, she rolled over and followed it to the ground, job done! Kill 24 

20190917_153928.jpg

20190917_160008.jpg

• Like 8
19 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Managed to slip out for a quickie after work. Quick slip on the black stuff and missed it, was having a bit of a fly about getting some lift off the side of a hill. I just reached into the bag for the lure I looked up and thought what is that coming towards me across the hill? She rolled over and got her wings in tight, I heard an almighty crack and a squawk. The gull dropped stone dead, she rolled over and followed it to the ground, job done! Kill 24 

20190917_153928.jpg

20190917_160008.jpg

Happy days only good gull is a dead gull 

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Keep them coming, bops have always interested me bit never had the time to have one . I find the fact you can see it’s flight pattern and distance amazing 👍

And as said only good Gull is a dead one . 

Thank you. I was going to stop as I thought that maybe it was a bit same old. I'm glad that it is of interest to you.

• Like 2