Fury fight-anybody remotely interested?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Wallin character is rated 46 on Boxrec so theres 45 better fighters to choose from......were they all busy that night ! Fights like this are embarrassing pantomime fights that belong in WWF

I'm sure max will be watching it. Knob in hand throwing himself around the living room..

If Fury cant get opponents like that out of there when in a desperate situation he has problems,personally i think he is tailor made for Joshua who is an elite finisher pushing forward under very litt

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Instead of correcting me use the correct terminology lol

by bigger I thought you meant height.......tyson 5,10......Frazier 5,11

Tyson was listed as 5'11 and as always looked taller than Frazier on every pic they have together. 

2 hours ago, Jobi said:

Resume wise he's the greatest no doubt at HW but there's a few that would have been very dangerous for him H2H. Joe Louis, Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes. 

Got to disagree there Ali was top drawer and arguably fought in the best era but Johnson and Louis had better resumes and then you have to take into account the times when they fought. Ffs when Johnson beat Jeffries blacks where killed all across America in rioting because of his win and then Congress passed the Sims act which banned the showing of the fight. Johnson came to the fore fighting in "dirty dozen" contests which was putting 12 black men into the ring and the last man standing got the purse. Johnson was champ for 7 years with 9 defences and World "coloured" Champion before that.Then you have Louis who was champ for nearly 12 years and 25 defences as well as also being recognised as the best combination puncher in Heavyweight History. 

Edited by MickC
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

Boxrec must have it wrong then

66CF5D10-9A3C-4150-977A-4415974B2FC6.jpeg.5e35897c7a7b262ca8380292d1c311b2.jpeg

I don't care what BoxRec says I've got every fight of his on film and I'm just about certain he's listed as 5'11 in every bout plus in every pic of them together Tyson is as tall if not taller. 

Tyson was the bigger fighter, to try and argue otherwise is plain silly. 

Edited by Jobi
7 hours ago, MickC said:

Got to disagree there Ali was top drawer and arguably fought in the best era but Johnson and Louis had better resumes and then you have to take into account the times when they fought. Ffs when Johnson beat Jeffries blacks where killed all across America in rioting because of his win and then Congress passed the Sims act which banned the showing of the fight. Johnson came to the fore fighting in "dirty dozen" contests which was putting 12 black men into the ring and the last man standing got the purse. Johnson was champ for 7 years with 9 defences and World "coloured" Champion before that.Then you have Louis who was champ for nearly 12 years and 25 defences as well as also being recognised as the best combination puncher in Heavyweight History. 

I strongly disagree, nobody in the division has a resume so deep. 

Liston, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Holmes, Shavers, Patterson, Moore, etc..... 

That certainly trumps Louis who had Carnera, Schmeling, Baer, Braddock, Charles, Walcott, Marciano, etc.... 

And also tops Johnson who had Jeffries, Willard, Ketchel, Fitzsimmons, Langford, McVey, etc.... 

The fighters that run Ali the closest resume wise are probably Lewis and Holyfield IMO. 

Edited by Jobi
6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

No reversing here mate ' 

For me he'd of gave all the greats a fight and could of beat Most and he's never quit the same as the likes of Mike Tyson or AJ

The Wilder and Wallin fight shows you as well as ability the bloke has Heart.

No reversing here' 

Tbh Mike Tyson looked as game as they come in the Douglas and first Holyfield bouts, Fury has never taken a beating like that. Apart from him flipping out against Holyfield when he bit him he's gone out on his shield barring his last bout when he was almost 40 and a shadow of his former self. 

Edited by Jobi
3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

They all have off nights

Henry Cooper had Ali in the bag till the Ali camp cheated buying time.

Where was Cooper ranked in the world at the time ????

Ali was given only a few seconds with the gloves, the real cheating happened when Dundee gave Ali smelling salts. 

35 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Ali was given only a few seconds with the gloves, the real cheating happened when Dundee gave Ali smelling salts. 

That's what it was like back in the day GOOD TRAINERS  who knew what to do !No one  over complained  when  Liston rubbed liniment  into Clays Eyes  much to his very obvious discomfort .

42 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

As Iv said Cooper almost put Ali away ' maybe would of if not for Ali's corner cheating and cutting Ali's glove buying time.

Where was Cooper ranked in the world at the time ?????

Its a fight ' anything can happen on any given night .

I don't know where cooper was ranked, perhaps mickc could weigh in here. See what I did there? Lol.

The other two points you make are quite correct, except that when people see someone that's supposed to be untouchable, the best since ali, the best right now, getting hit from pillar to post in a few fights by complete outsiders  it doesn't look as though they are all they are cracked up to be ?

Edited by shaaark
1 hour ago, Jobi said:

I strongly disagree, nobody in the division has a resume so deep. 

Liston, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Holmes, Shavers, Patterson, Moore, etc..... 

That certainly trumps Louis who had Carnera, Schmeling, Baer, Braddock, Charles, Walcott, Marciano, etc.... 

And also tops Johnson who had Jeffries, Willard, Ketchel, Fitzsimmons, Langford, McVey, etc.... 

The fighters that run Ali the closest resume wise are probably Lewis and Holyfield IMO. 

Ali should have lost all 3 fights to Norton,some fighters have the other fighters number and that seemed to be the case with Ali and Norton. Ali had great iq and hand speed and made great use of his height and reach,Ali only lost to one person smaller than him and that was Frazier,Ali only lost to one fighter with a smaller reach than him and that was also Frazier. You post a lot like Dog Fox that was on here ?

Edited by MickC
  • Confused 1
11 minutes ago, micky said:

That's what it was like back in the day GOOD TRAINERS  who knew what to do !No one  over complained  when  Liston rubbed liniment  into Clays Eyes  much to his very obvious discomfort .

No that's downright cheating in my eyes. Ali would have probably survived anyway because he had great recuperative powers but he was out of it when he sat down on his stool. 

5 minutes ago, MickC said:

Ali should have lost all 3 fights to Norton,some fighters have the other fighters number and that seemed to be the case with Ali and Norton. Ali had great iq and hand speed and made great use of his height and reach,Ali only lost to one person smaller than him and that was Frazier,Ali only lost to one fighter with a smaller reach than him and that was also Frazier. You post a lot like Dog Fox that was on here ?

You don't have to win the bouts to have a deep resume, resume is about who you fought in your career.

If you want to talk about victories than that's a different matter altogether but Ali beat better fighters than Louis or Johnson. 

I told Stoney in an earlier post that I don't think Ali ever beat Norton in 3 outings yet was gifted 2. 

What's the point you are getting at anyway? 

Edited by Jobi