Fury fight-anybody remotely interested?

Announcing the decision the MC said...., “and still, the lineal heavyweight champion of the world”. Then post fight Fury talks about it being the 5th defence of his ‘title’. I get the whole lineal thing but if you’re out the ring for three years, then elect not to fight the best/current champion when you return, then to claim this ‘lineal’ champ thing is a fcuking joke, cringeworthy, and smacks of desperation for credibility.

Edited by pesky1972
  • Like 1

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Wallin character is rated 46 on Boxrec so theres 45 better fighters to choose from......were they all busy that night ! Fights like this are embarrassing pantomime fights that belong in WWF

I'm sure max will be watching it. Knob in hand throwing himself around the living room..

If Fury cant get opponents like that out of there when in a desperate situation he has problems,personally i think he is tailor made for Joshua who is an elite finisher pushing forward under very litt

Posted Images

Stoney I couldn' t agree more about Ali. He's been an inspiration to me and millions of others. As you say  boxer, charismatic entertainer, freedom fighter, humanitarian, peace ambassador, truly the greatest of all time. I recently went for a serious operation and to get me through it I adopted Ali's  "that sucker aint nothin" quote. (Foreman). Bloody worked as well.Instead of curling up into a ball. I just said f**k it " that sucker ain't nothing" before and after the op. 

Always cheers me up when I trawl through old videos of Ali on Youtube. He wasn't a saint but he was a truly great man. I don't buy all this celebrity/ star stuff but I would have been honoured to shake his hand.

I've got both a ring tone and a text alert on my phone featuring Ali's voice. Always makes me chuckle. RiP Ali " truly the greatest of all time".

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

once again showed Great Heart.

No Quit ??

He showed heart but the cut troubled him a lot. This was a very average performance from Fury, just seen the highlights. That cut will leave him with some right scar tissue. 

You should not be struggling this much against that kind of opposition even though the Swede wasn't as poor as his rankings. 

Fury just hasn't got the offensive to match his better than average defensive skills, I think AJ knocks him out if I'm being honest. AJ is technically good enough and a fast combination puncher. Fury is no Ali in the footwork department and is looking slow and cumbersome. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

We won't know that till they share a ring ?

I don't think the ever will. 

Did you see the fight? Wallin was better than he's ranked but still Fury was very beatable last night. Going by that performance a few of the top HW's beat him. 

• Like 1

Wallin and Ruiz have proved why you should never trust the odds in these heavyweight fights! I was going to put £500 on the fight not to go the distance at 3/10 and £500 for tyson to win in rounds 1-3 at 11/4........I backed out simply because I didn’t know enough about wallin and I’m f***ing glad I did now lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Stoney I couldn' t agree more about Ali. He's been an inspiration to me and millions of others. As you say  boxer, charismatic entertainer, freedom fighter, humanitarian, peace ambassador, truly the greatest of all time. I recently went for a serious operation and to get me through it I adopted Ali's  "that sucker aint nothin" quote. (Foreman). Bloody worked as well.Instead of curling up into a ball. I just said f**k it " that sucker ain't nothing" before and after the op. 

Always cheers me up when I trawl through old videos of Ali on Youtube. He wasn't a saint but he was a truly great man. I don't buy all this celebrity/ star stuff but I would have been honoured to shake his hand.

I've got both a ring tone and a text alert on my phone featuring Ali's voice. Always makes me chuckle. RiP Ali " truly the greatest of all time".

Same here mate, I can watch videos of him all day and still be wanting more at the end of it!

Fury confirmed last night he is nothing like Ali in any whatsoever......anyone who says so is a deluded idiot that probably thinks Sunderland are a big football club lol

I’m glad to hear the operation went well and that you used Ali as in inspiration mate, says a lot about how great he truly was!

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Weather it's right or wrong Fury only seems to be really up for the more dangerous fights and put him back in with Wilder ' AJ ' Ruiz ect and you will see a more switched on fighter.

Last night he suffered a terrible cut against what turned out to be a decent opponent .

He dug in ' got the job done and called out Wilder who will most prob try anything so as not to face Fury again ?

That did not address my question on the AJ fight.