Fury fight-anybody remotely interested?

Every boxing thread on here goes the same way now...

They are all cash cows, the top 4 or 5 fighters in the heavies are too scared to lose now which makes for a boring division.... there should be unification fights happening ages ago, with challengers coming to fight the outright champion and big rematches like eras gone by...but by the time the fights come around they may get one shot at each other and retire...f**k me it shouldn't take years to get these fights on!!

And to believe one promoter or fighter is more guilty than.the other is ridiculous..they're all at it....

How many renatches have we seen in the heavies in the last say 10.years... I dont know the answer but I'll guess at 0

• Like 3

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Wallin character is rated 46 on Boxrec so theres 45 better fighters to choose from......were they all busy that night ! Fights like this are embarrassing pantomime fights that belong in WWF

I'm sure max will be watching it. Knob in hand throwing himself around the living room..

If Fury cant get opponents like that out of there when in a desperate situation he has problems,personally i think he is tailor made for Joshua who is an elite finisher pushing forward under very litt

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Every boxing thread on here goes the same way now...

They are all cash cows, the top 4 or 5 fighters in the heavies are too scared to lose now which makes for a boring division.... there should be unification fights happening ages ago, with challengers coming to fight the outright champion and big rematches like eras gone by...but by the time the fights come around they may get one shot at each other and retire...f**k me it shouldn't take years to get these fights on!!

And to believe one promoter or fighter is more guilty than.the other is ridiculous..they're all at it....

How many renatches have we seen in the heavies in the last say 10.years... I dont know the answer but I'll guess at 0

Someone threw an interesting stat at me the other day.

Between 4 of the biggest names in the division before this era Ali,Holmes,Holyfield,Tyson there were 27 losses.

Between the 4 biggest names in todays era Ruiz,Wilder,Joshua,Fury......there are 2 losses.

Says a lot really dont it.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Someone threw an interesting stat at me the other day.

Between 4 of the biggest names in the division before this era Ali,Holmes,Holyfield,Tyson there were 27 losses.

Between the 4 biggest names in todays era Ruiz,Wilder,Joshua,Fury......there are 2 losses.

Says a lot really dont it.

Says it all...

I never looked at any stats at all...but you just know...the big grudge remstches were what we all wanted to see...and the fighters were prepared to lose...a loss wouldn't destroy any of these as the current top 4 or 5 can all beat each other on their day... there isn't a stand out heavier in my eyes...if they were prepared to.lose the fight purses would be bigger and the fans would be happier.... win win really

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, shaaark said:

At the risk of repeating myself AGAIN, this is definitely the worst era in heavyweight history. All drama, but no excitement from the boxers. It's all just f***ing dreadful

It's all about the ££££ shark...

Just now, king said:

It's all about the ££££ shark...

I know that mate, and it's spoiling boxing as a sport. I seriously groan aloud now when I look on youtube and see 'tyson fury' says blah blah blah, or 'arum on three fight wilder v fury deal'. Lol.  It's all a bit sickening now to be honest ?

The tragedy of it all is that although the the top 4 are not all that on an all time level they should still make exciting fights due to the mix of styles Joshua/Fury is the typical boxer v slugger Wilder/Joshua is the typical slugger v marksman.....they are interesting fights i disagree with Shark its a poor era but the mid 80,s Witherspoon/Tubbs/Berbick/Tate/Thomas era was worse it was only Tyson coming along that brightened it up but they were all terrible match ups.

9 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I know that mate, and it's spoiling boxing as a sport. I seriously groan aloud now when I look on youtube and see 'tyson fury' says blah blah blah, or 'arum on three fight wilder v fury deal'. Lol.  It's all a bit sickening now to be honest ?

I totally agree.

We all comment on the golden era of boxing.70's/80's 

In 30+ years no such thing will be said about today's heavyweights..

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Do you think thats just nostalgia though King ?

Probably does play a big part I think gnasher yea.thinking about it.

Back in the day it seemed a bit more excitement was the feeling for the heavyweight world title.

Today it seems not so exciting...

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, king said:

Probably does play a big part I think gnasher yea.thinking about it.

Back in the day it seemed a bit more excitement was the feeling for the heavyweight world title.

Today it seems not so exciting...

Dont get me wrong it was better....no question about it......but the excitement part i do think can be an age thing/impressionable etc.....we all do it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

At the risk of repeating myself AGAIN, this is definitely the worst era in heavyweight history. All drama, but no excitement from the boxers. It's all just f***ing dreadful

It's not half as bad as it's been when Wladimir and Vitali ruled the division, its a pretty strong era competition wise tbh. 

Edited by Jobi
6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Drugs cheat or drug taker ?

No way does Quality Sniff improve your performance never mind the shit kicking around the streets.

Roids ' Peds ' Epo whatever .

But Guinness - Coke and Kebabs definatley not .

And what the feck would you know about quality coke and fighting ?..:hmm:

• Haha 2