Fury fight-anybody remotely interested?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Wallin character is rated 46 on Boxrec so theres 45 better fighters to choose from......were they all busy that night ! Fights like this are embarrassing pantomime fights that belong in WWF

I'm sure max will be watching it. Knob in hand throwing himself around the living room..

If Fury cant get opponents like that out of there when in a desperate situation he has problems,personally i think he is tailor made for Joshua who is an elite finisher pushing forward under very litt

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Marciano was a come forward bulldozer, he never heard the word back foot. 

Joe Frazier was similar. The nearest human equivalent to a pitbull. I think he would have worn these giants down easily. Ali would also have found a way.

• Like 2
Just now, jukel123 said:

Joe Frazier was similar. The nearest human equivalent to a pitbull. I think he would have worn these giants down easily. Ali would also have found a way.

Frazier was also faster and had a good 20lb on Marciano. 

4 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I've been into boxing ever since I was a kid. My memory goes right back to 1955 when I remember listening to the Don Cockell  v Rocky Marciano on the radio.  (I cried my eyes out when he lost.?) The seventies was the golden age of the heavyweight division. Since then we have had a steady decline in relevance and honesty in the game.

Fury's fight is going to be a complete fiasco and we all know it. Somebody said in the homelessness thread " how did we get to this state?" You could ask the same thing about heavyweight boxing. The noble art is akin to American wrestling now. It's a joke. Personally I think they've killed the golden goose. I get more pleasure at watching amateurs and the smaller guys now. It's a shame.

Me and my old man used to watch the boxing without fail, he used to take me to the black tie events and down to York Hall........I have not watched boxing since the 90s ! 

Its total f***ing shit......the heavyweight division is the worst of the bunch.

The lower weights still have a few lads who are fighters, the “off the estate” types who want to have a war if needs be but I wouldn’t give you tuppence for the HWs.

A bit of the olympics or amateur stuff is as far as I go now and then only if it interests me.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Tyson fury would of beat Dempsey and Marciano at the same time with one arm tied behind his back......he’s that good

The sad thing is ,he would beat both of them ,probably pretty easily ,purely because he's a fkin lighthouse ,the sooner a new freakshow weight division is introduced the better .

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Astanley said:

The sad thing is ,he would beat both of them ,probably pretty easily ,purely because he's a fkin lighthouse ,the sooner a new freakshow weight division is introduced the better .

Stan there's always been giants in the division pal, if a good enough little un comes along he will do well. Ruiz has recently shown it is not impossible for the little guys. 

Agreed ,there has been the odd freakishly tall heavyweight ,but they are predominantly 6ft 5 + plus nowadays ,it's good to see smaller more talented fighters bucking the trend now and then ,but a new weight class is long overdue ,that way the average heavyweight has a chance ,and the more talented smaller fellas like Ruiz are free to move up and chance their arm at the freaks .

30 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Exactly ' the haters who now realise he's got it but don't want them now admit it come out with Its because of his size bullshite ?

Got what exactly? Fury has still got a bit to do to prove he’s the best out there. He got a decision against a 40 yr old champ without landing a punch, and he out boxed a dubious champ having had to pick himself up off the floor. He’s a heavyweight and a ‘fighting man’ ffs.., when he’s stopped the likes of Wilder, AJ and Ruiz I’ll give him credit. But then he’ll need to get in a ring with them first.

Who’s the cash cow now ??

Edited by pesky1972
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Not 1 today was beating big foreman he would have bulldozed any of today’s heavies with ease FACT lol

• Like 2
7 hours ago, trigger2 said:

Ali would beat all of todays heavyweights. Tyson furys only fit to lace Ali’s boots.

Realistically who would say otherwise? The thing people forget about Ali is he was doing superhuman stuff in the ring in a time when there was no internet or insta-champions, he invented styles that have never been bettered DURING his fights not after planning months ahead for a fight!

People were ranting about fury’s “rope a dope” moment against Schwarz, and while it was pretty good I can’t see him doing it against foreman and taking the absolute pounding Ali did to tire a young, hungry and vicious knock out animal to the point of exhaustion then deliver the KO in perfect fashion.

Theres not many humans like Ali never mind boxers.....All these years later and he is top of 99% of boxings fans all time greatest lists and rightly so. 

Quite simply, fury would be made to look a schoolboy in one way or the other both in the ring and out of it at press conferences etc.......

200lb and moving like this :shok:

Fury wouldn’t know what hit him!

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1