“Homeless” beggars

4 hours ago, WILF said:

I’d say when you are going to towns and cities and seeing 30 or 40 people begging for change, with drug or drink problems etc then I’d be having a more serious look at how this has become the norm rather than at the poor b*****ds themselves.

The most shocking thing is that they exist......just like f***ing food banks.

Its not the people, it’s us !......we have let the gaff become that type of place 

It’s a way of life they choose and not a bad existence if your not obsesssed with material things, they are living a relatively stress free life without the worry’s of normal folk, it’s entirely up to people if they give or don’t, I,ve yet to have a beggar point a knife or gun at me when asking for change ??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Mrs always has a go at me for giving them food or money I’m not wealthy by any means but my way of thinking is i get conned by half of them at least ive helped out the other half. Would hate to be

I’d say when you are going to towns and cities and seeing 30 or 40 people begging for change, with drug or drink problems etc then I’d be having a more serious look at how this has become the norm rat

in general I feel sorry for them....I just think I would hate that to be one of my kids.....the door I stand at the weekend....you get to know a few of the regular faces....give them a hot drink ...et

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It’s a way of life they choose and not a bad existence if your not obsesssed with material things, they are living a relatively stress free life without the worry’s of normal folk, it’s entirely up to people if they give or don’t, I,ve yet to have a beggar point a knife or gun at me when asking for change ??

I don’t agree that all of them choose that mate, some do for sure but lots dont........

• Like 2

My Mrs always has a go at me for giving them food or money I’m not wealthy by any means but my way of thinking is i get conned by half of them at least ive helped out the other half. Would hate to be homeless especially in bad weather. Years ago i was lamping in oxford & was making my way back to car when i came across bout 10 old boys hidden in crappy make shift tents. I stopped & ended up giving them my rabbits they were over the moon & skinned them straight away & were starting to cook em over a fire as i left them. When i got home i went into my loft & got down some spare duvets made a couple of flasks of hot coffee & grabbed some sarnies crisps etc & went back to them they were so grateful & ate everything i took straight away so in my mind they were deffo genuine & hungry. Poor buggers!! Call me a soft twat if you like but it was bloody freezing that nite. Atb

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Many of the homeless are ex forces or ex children's homes. Personally I always buy a big issue and if I' m going into a city centre I take spare change with me. Maybe Im a mug but it makes me feel better and if thats my motive everybodys happy. Life expectancy for the homeless in the UK is forty odd. A national disgrace.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 5

Should put them in work schemes and for the real junkies work houses where they get proper bedding fed and watered in a secure place but in return they have to work as in new roads cleaning the place up and if they are caught slipping then into the work houses and the cold turkey

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Many of the homeless are ex forces or ex children's homes. Personally I always buy a big issue and if I' m going into a city centre I take spare change with me. Maybe Im a mug but it makes me feel better and if thats my motive everybodys happy. Life expectancy for the homeless in the UK is forty odd. A national disgrace.

Fair play to you, an act of kindness is in the deed.....you don’t get a say in the outcome and neither should it matter.

Its the act of kindness itself that matters.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, WILF said:

I don’t agree that all of them choose that mate, some do for sure but lots dont........

On my travels I meet quite a few strange and wonderful folks living in little shacks in the middle of nowhere ,caves, disused railway carriages etc they are homeless but not into begging they survive, beggars make a decent living in city,s and it’s a lot easier than facing the same resposibility,s as the rest of us, as soon as you give them somewhere safe to live they are hit with bills and responsibility’s which they just don’t want so they usually run off with the rent giro and revert to there normal way of life, I,ve nothing against them and often buy them food or a hot drink but would never give them money as eighty  percent of it goes on gear, I have a brother in law  who lives this life and in his 47 years he has never done a days work despite hundreds of hours in time and money being spent on him by the family, every time someone ever tried to help him he just robs them as soon as there back is turned and goes back to some squat somewhere 

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

My Mrs always has a go at me for giving them food or money I’m not wealthy by any means but my way of thinking is i get conned by half of them at least ive helped out the other half. Would hate to be homeless especially in bad weather. Years ago i was lamping in oxford & was making my way back to car when i came across bout 10 old boys hidden in crappy make shift tents. I stopped & ended up giving them my rabbits they were over the moon & skinned them straight away & were starting to cook em over a fire as i left them. When i got home i went into my loft & got down some spare duvets made a couple of flasks of hot coffee & grabbed some sarnies crisps etc & went back to them they were so grateful & ate everything i took straight away so in my mind they were deffo genuine & hungry. Poor buggers!! Call me a soft twat if you like but it was bloody freezing that nite. Atb

Sounds like you stumbled onto the hunting life fishing competition.

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Greyman said:

On my travels I meet quite a few strange and wonderful folks living in little shacks in the middle of nowhere ,caves, disused railway carriages etc they are homeless but not into begging they survive, beggars make a decent living in city,s and it’s a lot easier than facing the same resposibility,s as the rest of us, as soon as you give them somewhere safe to live they are hit with bills and responsibility’s which they just don’t want so they usually run off with the rent giro and revert to there normal way of life, I,ve nothing against them and often buy them food or a hot drink but would never give them money as eighty  percent of it goes on gear, I have a brother in law  who lives this life and in his 47 years he has never done a days work despite hundreds of hours in time and money being spent on him by the family, every time someone ever tried to help him he just robs them as soon as there back is turned and goes back to some squat somewhere 

I hear you mate and I know you are right but I think we have to remember that a lot of these people will have underlying personality / mental health issues too......which is why they are homeless or just f****d up in the first place.

I also don’t think you can qualify acts of kindness with conditions......because what you have then is a trade, not an act of kindness.

I don’t pretend to know how people get to that point and I also ain’t green enough not to realise that some of them ain’t wasters or doing it for a living ( I know for certain there is one professional beggar around Charing Cross who will never again make the mistake of swearing at the bloke who don’t give him money)

All I think is, nobody who is nailed on in their life wants to be sleeping in a puddle of piss when it’s -8 outside.

• Like 1