Fussy eater (Whippet x Greyhound)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

give it some tidy wormers,it looks painfully thin..melt some goose fat or lard over its food,fatty lamb breasts and tripe ,chicken skins etc?

The first pic she looks a fair bit under weight.a day standing about ferreting in the freezen weather she will feel it. Or 1/2 nights lamping she will be burned out exhausted. Some people th

Raw mince, the value packs from supermarket has the perfect amount of fat, make shore its room temperature and not straight out the fridge, give over a least a couple of meals a day, or just roll up a

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Far from it bunny and maybe your right I owe the lad a  apology but I don't come on a hunting site to be constantly told about bake beans and dresses either for a few pages 

Dog man dont off here was very anti bean always bollocking me but now he has the odd small tin ? hes dead against wearing frocks tho

3 hours ago, Dolden1 said:

She is up to date with worming, I'll keep going with fatty foods and little but often will probably be better. And yeah it was very cold that day on the first picture (last winter). Feeding her butchers tripe and biscuits at the moment    

What biscuits you using pal? I’ve tried that tinned tripe this year but I didn’t rate it really.

12 minutes ago, MikeyMJL said:

What biscuits you using pal? I’ve tried that tinned tripe this year but I didn’t rate it really.

I've used many different biscuits to try and get her into it... Varies skinners, Arden grange, James Wellbeloved etc. One of the best ones was Aldi surprisingly but still after a little while she stopped eating it

Just now, Dolden1 said:

I've used many different biscuits to try and get her into it... Varies skinners, Arden grange, James Wellbeloved etc. One of the best ones was Aldi surprisingly but still after a little while she stopped eating it

My beddy whippet was underweight to my surprise after I clippered his hair off after the season when it warmed up. He was 11.25kg. I’ve been on the case to put weight on him over the last few months. He’s 12.5kg now, I feed him chudleys working crunch on its own. Theres biscuits down pretty much all day, he eats about 2 tin fills a day. Took a leaf out of my mates book from when he had dogs. Gain 28 available 24/7 and lamped 5-6 nights a week. They were beasts! I put his biscuits down about 7 o’clock, he’s only just eaten them now. Free feeding seems to work for my dog

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Dolden1 said:

With regards to the butchers tripe, I was mixing it with skinners muesli. His weight went up to 12ish kg. But his stamina went terrible, few tennis ball throws and he was done. Since he’s been on chudleys working crunch on its own, his weight has increased and he’s 100mph everywhere off lead. Big difference in energy

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dolden1 said:

I tried this tonight along with an egg and olive oil (I don't have any sheep/goose fat)... She loved it 

If she loved it keep doing it just increase each meal slightly and get some fat as well you have been given some advice I'm sure she will look different in a few weeks good luck buddy 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Dolden1 said:

Sometimes you just gotta stop swapping.

Pick one and stick with it.

Won't be an easy week but eventually that dogs gonna have to eat it....

Variety his great but the base of the diet best kept regular ,mix the flesh with a low protein kibble summer up the fats etc in work winter time a kennelled jukel need far more ta stay right than a hose kept one.feeding jukels his simple keep it the same with extras when necessary, and keeping it regular the jukel adjusts and will flesh out .atb bill

• Like 1