The New Defender

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me leaving work on a Friday...  

'if you want to go out in the out back take a land rover......if you want to get back then take a Toyota' that's what they say in oz? all the sand niggers drive Japanese......good reason for it ?

I would rather the new Jimny at £20k.    

Posted Images

Got to be honest, I don’t think it looks bad. If I force myself to embrace progress lol.

The biggest problem I have is that they’ve put way too much tech in it. The tech warrants the ridiculous price tag and no one is taking such an expensive motor to the places where that tech can shine! The vehicle is frankly a paradox! It should have started at 25k, not 45k.

It sort of has the essence of the Disco, a comfy utility vehicle, not the Defender, a bare bones workhorse.

By far the worst thing to drive ever was an old defender we had for work, late 60s model possibly 68??

Drove like a dog, but by f**k did we pull some gear behind it...used ti pull a whole steel frame on a bloody great trailer behind it, plus it was filled with tools...

Top speed up hill 20mph....lol

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Got to be honest, I don’t think it looks bad. If I force myself to embrace progress lol.

The biggest problem I have is that they’ve put way too much tech in it. The tech warrants the ridiculous price tag and no one is taking such an expensive motor to the places where that tech can shine! The vehicle is frankly a paradox! It should have started at 25k, not 45k.

It sort of has the essence of the Disco, a comfy utility vehicle, not the Defender, a bare bones workhorse.

I.agree I think they look ok...and probably could work as hard as any other 4x4...maybe better... but not at 45k!!

2 hours ago, king said:

great jeeps greyman.ive had a few in the past its suprising were they wil go.

you going to buy the new shape...

Not me mate will be looking for an older, old lady owned, low miler that I can get for peanuts plus the less tech on it the happier I,ll be don’t mind nuts and bolts but computers and tech scare me ??

5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Not me mate will be looking for an older, old lady owned, low miler that I can get for peanuts plus the less tech on it the happier I,ll be don’t mind nuts and bolts but computers and tech scare me ??

to right the new computer plug in cars aint good for the fettling.suzuki did a 1.5 diesel version but didnt bring it into the uk but they can be found in europe.

now 1 of them would be the way to go i bet they will love the cherry.i was only getting maybe 35 mpg in the petrol 1's i had.

IMG_0862.JPG

Had a couple, never got more than 32/34 mpg tops. Go pretty much anywhere but unless your a Billy no mates like me, there's not much room. Certainly couldn't go out with 3 of you with a dog apiece.

Cheers, D.

18 hours ago, NEWKID said:

By far the worst thing to drive ever was an old defender we had for work, late 60s model possibly 68??

Drove like a dog, but by f**k did we pull some gear behind it...used ti pull a whole steel frame on a bloody great trailer behind it, plus it was filled with tools...

Top speed up hill 20mph....lol

That would have been a series 2 at that age mate long before the defenders came about, double the clutch non synchro gearbox no power steering and all the comfort of a horse an cart, ???

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...