The New Defender

2 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

You dont see any of this shit in auz its nissan patrols hilux or yutts the yanks laugh at this shit to ?

'if you want to go out in the out back take a land rover......if you want to get back then take a Toyota' that's what they say in oz? all the sand niggers drive Japanese......good reason for it ?

it's a 4 wheel drive computer....85 f***ing ecu's? imagine if water gets in and you get the old electrical gremlins?‍♂️

few gallons of petrol and a match to sort it out?

got more shit to go wrong than the range rover velar or sports.....looks about as useful as a cock flavoured lollipop imo?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me leaving work on a Friday...  

'if you want to go out in the out back take a land rover......if you want to get back then take a Toyota' that's what they say in oz? all the sand niggers drive Japanese......good reason for it ?

I would rather the new Jimny at £20k.    

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

You dont see any of this shit in auz its nissan patrols hilux or yutts the yanks laugh at this shit to ?

Think that’s more to do with geographical location and import costs, I no lads making serious money taking old land rovers over in shipping containers, as I,ve said before despite some disagrement Land Rover is just cheap Chinese tat with a shit french power plant a real land rover never dies mines 45 year old and every time I need it it just fires up and gets the job done, and everything can be fixed at the roadside even change pistons in the gutter no problem✌️✌️

A1F5B101-7F1B-487B-BD3A-EAA7409522CC.jpeg

• Like 2

In the 70s Melton Market  Car park had Landrovers in their hundreds parker on a Tuesdays  by 1980 they were a rarity the Japs had swept them aside and rightly so , I have had three Landies  and they will fore ever  but you are constantly forking out for spares/repair and any dealer will tell you that you pay a lot of money for the Badge , we have owned most of the 4x4s  and the best we had for off/on road was the Daihatsu Fourtrack and if they were still made I would have one today, the most disappointing one was the Issuzu Rodeo  written off in a  5 MPH shunt 

tmpphpavnVab.jpg

micks pics 230.jpg

mickspics313.jpg

• Like 1

I can’t see one of those new landys lasting 20 or 30 years.....and nor do they want it too.

85 ECUs......that would have me running for the hills.

I got a quote for a sprinter ECU las year......best part of 2 grand before they sell you all the other shit that you need to go with it.

New clutch for my old 300tdi......£70 ! 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, micky said:

In the 70s Melton Market  Car park had Landrovers in their hundreds parker on a Tuesdays  by 1980 they were a rarity the Japs had swept them aside and rightly so , I have had three Landies  and they will fore ever  but you are constantly forking out for spares/repair and any dealer will tell you that you pay a lot of money for the Badge , we have owned most of the 4x4s  and the best we had for off/on road was the Daihatsu Fourtrack and if they were still made I would have one today, the most disappointing one was the Issuzu Rodeo  written off in a  5 MPH shunt 

tmpphpavnVab.jpg

micks pics 230.jpg

mickspics313.jpg

Cover your number plate mate ✌️

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Think that’s more to do with geographical location and import costs, I no lads making serious money taking old land rovers over in shipping containers, as I,ve said before despite some disagrement Land Rover is just cheap Chinese tat with a shit french power plant a real land rover never dies mines 45 year old and every time I need it it just fires up and gets the job done, and everything can be fixed at the roadside even change pistons in the gutter no problem✌️✌️

A1F5B101-7F1B-487B-BD3A-EAA7409522CC.jpeg

I bet that would pretty much hold its own out in the field up against that new fancy model at the start of this thread

45 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

I bet that would pretty much hold its own out in the field up against that new fancy model at the start of this thread

It has a compressor built in between the chassis rails so is actually much better than a standard one due to the extra weight sat over the rear axles, I’ve turned it over twice but never been stuck even on its side in a ditch it will crawl it’s way out, have left a few of those things with the massive wheels and lift kits stuck in the shit and just chugged on past, I’m a bit gutted to be selling it but my plans to move on are coming together a bit quick and I need the space and the shillings at the moment more than I need a land rover but I recon I,ll regret selling it for the rest of my days ?