Jump to content
Dbod

Bedlington x Greyhound

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Is if you need to take time off work too see to em phil, wormers, heat lamps an stuff. Iv bred two litters an never charged a penny for any pups but I do know for sure I’d a been cheaper buying a pup in, less hassle an all. That’s if ye can truest breeder to have done his job👍

 

Im all for gifting pups an stuff but if somebody is breeding summat I want an I don’t wanna breed me own, then Iv no hassle paying the guy unless ya mad money, however i stand by the fact that I’d never sell a dog, that’s my choice tho 😉

I took 10 weeks of work but im self employed and would do.it again but mabe only have a month off 😂😂 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

46 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Is if you need to take time off work too see to em phil, wormers, heat lamps an stuff. Iv bred two litters an never charged a penny for any pups but I do know for sure I’d a been cheaper buying a pup in, less hassle an all. That’s if ye can truest breeder to have done his job👍

 

Im all for gifting pups an stuff but if somebody is breeding summat I want an I don’t wanna breed me own, then Iv no hassle paying the guy unless ya mad money, however i stand by the fact that I’d never sell a dog, that’s my choice tho 😉

Yeah, and £650 for a beddy/whippet IS mad money. I get what people say, but come on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

if you mate any old dog to any old bitch willy-nilly and feed the bitch and let her do the rest pups are cheep to rear and should be priced accordingly , if you take time years of experience to make your choice of stud based on his working ability witch you have seen and taken in with your own eyes  for several seasons, not five minuets or what someone else said is a good dog, and took into account its pedigree and how that compliments your bitch and therefore its offspring, sat up all night to make sure all is well with welping  etc given them and your bitch the best care, food etc,  wormers flea treatment, why on earth should you give your pups away cheap to lets face it posible fkin  idiots, and lets be honest the lurcher world has more than its share of those, I have given pups away and free mateing's and took nothing in return, I have bought pups back rather than let them get past from pillar to post, I know every ones not like me, but I think a working dog of any sort is or should be your most treasured position.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Money people charge for Bedlington whippets is going mental at the moment I’ve noticed there becoming a bit of a designer Lurcher you have all these pet people breeding them An horsey type people breeding them as a side line same as terriers there all at it.it’s shocking there part of the parcel why I believe there going down hill fast it’s the novelty pet people then they breed to put more pet Lurchers out there I’d not have another bedlington whippet tbh as a working dog I’d avoid at all cost if someone said right you’ve got to take one of these two crosses bedlington whippet or a saluki bull greyhound I’m a bedlington Lurcher fan but not a fan of saluki as a rule but I’d take the saluki bull greyhound

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good sensible comments lads...:clapper:

I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap.

Obviously, when a breeder has paid a £1000 for a lining, he is entitled to ask what he likes, for his pups.

I've never mixed in such company, and my lurchers ain't in the same league, so I always try to breed a pup, solely for my own requirements.

 Once, I have my choice to hand, the rest of the litter can then be placed in other, safe hands.

As a pensioner, my needs are modest,..I don't want money,.....I just want,.... a bit more time...:good:

 

 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, two crows said:

if you mate any old dog to any old bitch willy-nilly and feed the bitch and let her do the rest pups are cheep to rear and should be priced accordingly , if you take time years of experience to make your choice of stud based on his working ability witch you have seen and taken in with your own eyes  for several seasons, not five minuets or what someone else said is a good dog, and took into account its pedigree and how that compliments your bitch and therefore its offspring, sat up all night to make sure all is well with welping  etc given them and your bitch the best care, food etc,  wormers flea treatment, why on earth should you give your pups away cheap to lets face it posible fkin  idiots, and lets be honest the lurcher world has more than its share of those, I have given pups away and free mateing's and took nothing in return, I have bought pups back rather than let them get past from pillar to post, I know every ones not like me, but I think a working dog of any sort is or should be your most treasured position.

I don't think anyone is saying any different really t c. But £650 for a beddy/whippet pup IS over the top.

And you've just said, why should people give pups away,  but you've given pups away yourself? 

I understand to a point what you're saying, but you aint making yourself too clear really.

I've NEVER heard of anyone charging £650 for a beddy/whippet, and I'll bet neither have you. It's f***ing ridiculous, don't matter how much care you put into rearing the litter etc etc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Good sensible comments lads...:clapper:

I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap.

Obviously, when a breeder has paid a £1000 for a lining, he is entitled to ask what he likes, for his pups.

I've never mixed in such company, and my lurchers ain't in the same league, so I always try to breed a pup, solely for my own requirements.

 Once, I have my choice to hand, the rest of the litter can then be placed in other, safe hands.

As a pensioner, my needs are modest,..I don't want money,.....I just want,.... a bit more time...:good:

 

 

as the sand keeps reaching the bottom of that big egg timer it's what we all want now. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

i can count on the one hand  two crows the people I like in the lurcher game not fcken many if I like something il try buy it I don’t go for names any more it’s a kobbledigoogleshit  to me I’ve seen dogs for 40quid beat 2000grand things I’ve never chased the holly grail i grow up way lads who spent fortunes on good haredogs one after another they were never happy my old mutts done me they were up for it if the ocation arises the  best doglads i new never talked there dogs up ever there the real guys in life the gents the decent blokes the ones il stick way to the end as I said before it’s all about taking part not who has the best dog to me 👌

I've never spent more than £200 on a lurcher pup, and I've had a couple of really good ones. £650? You've got to be joking

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I've never spent more than £200 on a lurcher pup, and I've had a couple of really good ones. £650? You've got to be joking

I know what you meen, most I spent on a lurcher 250 most I selt em for 150, but a good well bred pup, sure give it your mate if you want, but charge what you want to a stranger, it your choice surely, like bear foot said I cant think of enough people I like to get rid of even a small litter lol.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

If I bred a litter and that's a big if but if I needed to i would but i would need to see the stud/ dam work a good  few times and not go of hear say I would gift them as I have done in the past its not always worked out granted its not the rearing that bothers me it's finding the right homes and folk not selling on a gift rather than returning it as agreed if things don't work 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

I don't think anyone is saying any different really t c. But £650 for a beddy/whippet pup IS over the top.

And you've just said, why should people give pups away,  but you've given pups away yourself? 

I understand to a point what you're saying, but you aint making yourself too clear really.

I've NEVER heard of anyone charging £650 for a beddy/whippet, and I'll bet neither have you. It's f***ing ridiculous, don't matter how much care you put into rearing the litter etc etc

In the beddy section there's two more b/w litters at £500 - £550. And whippets up to £950 if you really want to blow your top 🤣

"For a beddy/whippet" would you pay more for something different or think less of them?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Gilbey said:

In the beddy section there's two more b/w litters at £500 - £550. And whippets up to £950 if you really want to blow your top 🤣

"For a beddy/whippet" would you pay more for something different or think less of them?

the trouble with the beddywhippet is the pet market is far bigger than the working one. we are now the minority sad but true😪

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×