Bedlington x Greyhound

3 hours ago, nothernlite said:

See if i had had a pound for every time i heard that to much intelligence for him on them wouldn't need to graft majority of them are scatty tyre biters face facts ???

Fa has they sayy low intelligence his just about enough ta get me by ha atb bill

• Haha 2

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

On 12/09/2019 at 23:00, budgie123 said:

The secret to this cross is without doubt the quality of the Bedlington used.

If the dog you are talking about is a genuine rillington bred dog then you could be onto a winner.

My mate bred a litter out of newcombes blue when George was still alive and every dog out of the litter were exceptional workers taking all quarry and my mates was also highly trained.

Lads who got pups out of this litter were coming back for years to try and get another.

In respect to your comments about the greyhound my major concern would be the line of breeding of the greyhound in respect to soundness and lack of long term injuries within that line of breeding not just the dog you are using.

A friend much more knowledgeable than me about greyhounds only ever uses a certain line of greyhounds for breeding lurchers in respect to throwing dogs which are sound.

His words the line is tough as old boots.

Your comments about it being a fighter so throwing a gamer dog are irrelevant if the Bedlington is genuine rillington  bred dog the pups will be game.

Neil Beacon is the only person who I have come across who had genuine rillington Bedlington's they were a superb stamp of Bedlington with my mate having a dog out of his breeding.

It has been a good rabbiting dog with it being the best constructed and coated genuine first cross I have ever seen.

I have seen a lot of talk on here about rillington bedlingtons but nobody seems to know where they went when George Died.

In respect to size of genuine first cross bedlingtons 22 inch seems to be about standard for the ones I have had and also my mates.

Even the dog he had out of newcombes blue which was tall for a Bedlington was only 22 inch his one of Neil Beacon was 22 inch one from hearbreak fell  kennels he had was 22 inch one I had from heartbreak fell kennels was 22 inch and my current dog bread out of a Gutchcommon bred dog with genuine pedigree is 22 inch all dogs. 

My current dog is an excellent rabbiting dog and both dogs have been superb dogs to live with but not as good a coat as the Neil Bacon dog.

The marking and scenting of my current dog is excellent with dozens and dozens of rabbits have gone  into the bag due to this. Some of the lines and takes he has done across the moor we ferret on unseen rabbits amazes me. Also we ferret some massive sets and when you think it is cleared and you turn round and see him marking single holes which deliver more to the bag happens every time out.

I don't work any other quarry but a litter brother to mine took all quarry with a lad in the north east again only 22 inch.

If the breeding of the Bedlington can be verified you will be inundated with pup request there has been loads of people on here looking for genuine first cross Belington Greyhounds year after year with no success as the Bedlington gene pool is so small today unfortunately.

So many litters advertised when you look deeper into them are not genuine first cross and I would question anything that was over 23 inch as being first cross.

Good luck with this and I look forward to seeing your pictures of the Bedlington.

ALTB Martin.

Neil Bacon 1st cross bitch - suits me to a T

DBA5CD14-65A3-4AC0-8B77-6BFD2280D038.jpeg

• Like 9

Done know if anyone a chap from scunthorpe les Robinson he had a Rillington bitch he bred to a whippet grey of Chris cowdell from the midlands the dog was a flying machine called will hay I had a bitch out of this litter what a cracker she was so layed back

3 hours ago, troyboy17 said:

Done know if anyone a chap from scunthorpe les Robinson he had a Rillington bitch he bred to a whippet grey of Chris cowdell from the midlands the dog was a flying machine called will hay I had a bitch out of this litter what a cracker she was so layed back

That must have been some time ago. i remember les robinson breeding the odd litter out of his bedlington bitch Amy. Amy was 1/4 lakeland the breeding was from rillington and eakring lines.

Edited by darbo
  • Like 1
On 15/10/2019 at 10:44, poxon said:

Not really a secret though is it bill You’ve said before you’ve had most conventional  crosses An you don’t rate none of them lol it’s either a malli x or a gsd x or a mix of the both ??? Any one with half a brain could work it out an the fact  you promote the cross makes it more obvious? tbh I don’t think most people on here would be after one as for most of us that cross is to much dog than most of us could use effectively??Good luck with the pup ya picked bill lad atb pox

?

• Haha 1

Took my two out for few ours this afternoon ,didn't lay nets as I wanted to give my young bitch a few runs ,she took 3 and the busher took two and we lost a couple but over all a great few hours ,first coney she took she placed it on floor trying get better hold, it was of  but she  put it right and took it at the fence ,other two she held onto ,my busher done well and bagged two .

two Jill's  worked well ,

no better way to spend a few hours ,IMG_1820.JPG.0617f41b89ddab6fcb4232e95a0a8ab4.JPGIMG_1825.JPG.1d73e2492aa3b3923b1656f41b572bfc.JPG

IMG_1803.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

IMG_1766.JPG

Edited by Moocher71
  • Like 4
On 15/10/2019 at 10:44, poxon said:

Not really a secret though is it bill You’ve said before you’ve had most conventional  crosses An you don’t rate none of them lol it’s either a malli x or a gsd x or a mix of the both ??? Any one with half a brain could work it out an the fact  you promote the cross makes it more obvious? tbh I don’t think most people on here would be after one as for most of us that cross is to much dog than most of us could use effectively??Good luck with the pup ya picked bill lad atb pox

Like I said time age etc this probably my last jukel I sent the little terrier back to his breeders my old friend he his prepared to see if he can become what he was bred for he firing on all four. My jukel his  atb something totally different and will take me back nearly fifty yrs so we see has it hiss its not one a the mall xs greyhounds on the ground now in Chasetown its more fa relaxing all round runner type just got pick it now and that fa me his difficult has they say the more knowledge and experience on gleams the more ya realised how little one knows. Cheerio fellas I got some thinking ta do I drivi g the breeder crazy with constant calls on the phone visits every few days  lol nearly there t we n days ta count down oh and I cwill be choosing a male feck the bitches  jaz can learn him abit of the cou try side code of conduct. Atb bill

13 minutes ago, darbo said:

i will have a guess then bill a whippet/grey pup lol.

Close  but on a brighter note bumped in to a old acquaintance this morning with  his ten Yr old beddie a should a got a pic really he them fa thirty Yr  ahh it his what it his atb bill

45 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Close  but on a brighter note bumped in to a old acquaintance this morning with  his ten Yr old beddie a should a got a pic really he them fa thirty Yr  ahh it his what it his atb bill

Collie whippet grey is it?