Bedlington x Greyhound

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Kin el fella, you don't half spout a pile of shite! Lol. I know plenty of lampers, with lurchers, and/or rifles, who's fieldcraft, hunting knowledge etc, would put most dreamers on here to shame lol

as do i,what im saying is the lamp is the salvation of many a lurcher owner and their charge,an owner and dog that will kill more with the assistance of the dazzle than daylight.A mosh with little knowledge or fieldcraft will slaughter more quarry with technology than nous.I rate lurchers that can only catch harder runs in the lamp low,i rate shooters that need technology lower.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, morton said:

as do i,what im saying is the lamp is the salvation of many a lurcher owner and their charge,an owner and dog that will kill more with the assistance of the dazzle than daylight.A mosh with little knowledge or fieldcraft will slaughter more quarry with technology than nous.I rate lurchers that can only catch harder runs in the lamp low,i rate shooters that need technology lower.

Yeah I agree ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, tank34 said:

The beddy greyhound do make good fox dogs but doing them 3 nights aweek on lamp an out with terrier most would soon give in or not take as many , I'd say a drop of bull or Wheaton would up the game with the beddy greyhound , I run beddy greyhound but if the ban was over turned I would be adding bull greyhound or Wheaton greyhound ?

if the ban was over turned I'd put her to a sal,bull greyhound ,but that's never going to happen so I stick with what I have .

but saying that I think I'd stick to what I have ,

Edited by Moocher71
7 hours ago, billhardy said:

Round here we had the beddie craze in the Ni eties etc the beddie x grey plus whippets like t h e collie grey whippet gets the added advantage the whippet in the mix brings and those that have seen several of both know the pluses the whippet adds to the mix I agree totally northern light foxes maybe different but coneys the whippet added that bit extra ability atb bill

I remember the Beddy boom in the 80's, 90's. There were some genuine people around that were not looking for fame or fortune and just trying the breed and work Bedlingtons as proper terriers. I do not know if they or their dogs are still around but it will be a shame if both have gone.

There were others around during that time. The plan seemed to be to buy a pair of Hunter wellies, a Barbour jacket, a Bedlington dog and bitch, and hey presto you were in the working Bedlington Terrier breeding business. The hard work was done during the Summer months at working terrier shows holding court and spinning yarns and taking orders for pups. Those Bedlingtons were KC show bred stuff with different hair cuts.

The males were huge and way too big with strangely thin skins and appallingly open coats.  The bitches the opposite, frail tiny headed things with tiny teeth but also the poor coats.

Despite that I did see some nice lurchers bred from those Bedlingtons when put over racing dogs, scratch dogs, but the ability maybe coming from hybrid vigour and the sheer quality of those "non-pedigree" racing dogs than the Bedlington stud.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, fred90 said:

this little dog has a great nose. she gives a very strong mark, has found pheasant nests a Robins nest. nests of field mice and rabbit stops with young kits in. Bedlington noses are up there with the best. 

Screenshot_20191006_080318_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

to right fred , my bitch never stops ,so when I do to rest the bones lol she passes the time voleing she even had a tiny shrew once ?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, fred90 said:

this little dog has a great nose. she gives a very strong mark, has found pheasant nests a Robins nest. nests of field mice and rabbit stops with young kits in. Bedlington noses are up there with the best. 

Screenshot_20191006_080318_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Tink found looking for  nests of  baby field mice great fun as a pup and she's had a few kaneys in cover ,great nose and if something about she knows about it ,

cracking pic 

Edited by Moocher71
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, joe ox said:

Had beddy x greyhounds in the late 80s early 90s, decent dogs. One thing they didn't do was show aggression to other dogs in fact the case was the exact opposite.

Lurchers that want to fight other lurchers, show aggression towards their hunting partners are culls IMO. Aggression to other dogs and a willingness to get the job done on teeth are a million miles apart.

Had beddy x greyhounds in the late 80s early 90s, decent dogs. One thing they didn't do was show aggression to other dogs in fact the case was the exact opposite.

Lurchers that want to fight other lurchers, show aggression towards their hunting partners are culls IMO. Aggression to other dogs and a willingness to get the job done on teeth are a million miles apart.

my first x is a big softy gets on great with any dog she has to she has to share a trailor with many dogs and has to work along side others too, but if another starts about her she will finish it ? you want to see what she did to one of terriers I got when she pushed her to far she had to many stitches to count would av been a dead beddy terrier if I wasn't there to stop it ? but then again it can come from the grey ? nowt like a angry greyhound that's for sure ?

8 hours ago, billhardy said:

Round here we had the beddie craze in the Ni eties etc the beddie x grey plus whippets like t h e collie grey whippet gets the added advantage the whippet in the mix brings and those that have seen several of both know the pluses the whippet adds to the mix I agree totally northern light foxes maybe different but coneys the whippet added that bit extra ability atb bill

only problem can be the feet depending what sort terrain they hunting on ?

Just now, Loton Moocher said:

1 minute ago, Loton Moocher said:

Never been a problem with any of mine and run some very rough  ground  20161029_123239.jpg.66cf9b34b8ee46e3cda3a551bb713d43.jpg 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I remember the Beddy boom in the 80's, 90's. There were some genuine people around that were not looking for fame or fortune and just trying the breed and work Bedlingtons as proper terriers. I do not know if they or their dogs are still around but it will be a shame if both have gone.

There were others around during that time. The plan seemed to be to buy a pair of Hunter wellies, a Barbour jacket, a Bedlington dog and bitch, and hey presto you were in the working Bedlington Terrier breeding business. The hard work was done during the Summer months at working terrier shows holding court and spinning yarns and taking orders for pups. Those Bedlingtons were KC show bred stuff with different hair cuts.

The males were huge and way too big with strangely thin skins and appallingly open coats.  The bitches the opposite, frail tiny headed things with tiny teeth but also the poor coats.

Despite that I did see some nice lurchers bred from those Bedlingtons when put over racing dogs, scratch dogs, but the ability maybe coming from hybrid vigour and the sheer quality of those "non-pedigree" racing dogs than the Bedlington stud.

did the wellies happen to be red ones ? lol

• Haha 1