Bedlington x Greyhound

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

On 11/09/2019 at 01:00, bird said:

?   he pen somthing like the above deff, regards  1x beddy x greys  i only ever seen 2, and they were nice dogs  about 24in  50 odd lb, had fair few rabbits, and few foxes , there were from 2 different blokes .  you see alot of beddy x whippet x grey  lurchers, but as ive always said , dont see the point of it , as the 1x beddy x grey  can do the same job as a beddy x whippet x grey . but if people are not breeding this type to day , like alot of things in dog world , some just go out of fashion . regards this thing about dogs fighting, they soon think twice when old charlie clamped on there muzzle few times , not many lurchers can take pain like a good 1x pit x grey, the best i ever saw was 1x staff x grey tug, i spoke about him before , that fooker  had no reverse  in him, seeing him made me like bullxs this was in the 80s . he was ok with other dogs as well, never started fight, but could deff finish one no prob , had good temp great dog . maybe  the lad be better off getting a beddyx wippet x grey x bull x grey,  or beddyx grey x collie x greyhe prob have better chance of getting a pup .  lurcher x lurcher  he wont go wrong.

Greyhound x bedlington terrier x don't need any bull to pep them up,

they have anufe in the tank to deal with fox and much bigger .

my uncul had a bedlington yrs ago a liver tan that would fight anything that stupid anufe to try it on ,

I think your right bird the bedy grey don't need whippet or any other breed in the mix as in my opinion the first x about the ideal mooching juckel ,

we are all different and need a dog for our own needs ,bedy grey ticks all the boxs for me ,

atb 

mooch 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

my uncul had a bedlington yrs ago a liver tan that would fight anything that stupid anufe to try it on ,

I think your right bird the bedy grey don't need whippet or any other breed in the mix as in my opinion the first x about the ideal mooching juckel ,

we are all different and need a dog for our own needs ,bedy grey ticks all the boxs for me ,

atb 

mooch 

The beddy greyhound do make good fox dogs but doing them 3 nights aweek on lamp an out with terrier most would soon give in or not take as many , I'd say a drop of bull or Wheaton would up the game with the beddy greyhound , I run beddy greyhound but if the ban was over turned I would be adding bull greyhound or Wheaton greyhound ?

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

atb 

mooch 

Beddy greyhound deffinetly needs whippet in it if your main quarry is rabbits ran the 2 for years and the bedfy greyhound whippet out shines the bedfy greyhound all day long 

• Like 7

Round here we had the beddie craze in the Ni eties etc the beddie x grey plus whippets like t h e collie grey whippet gets the added advantage the whippet in the mix brings and those that have seen several of both know the pluses the whippet adds to the mix I agree totally northern light foxes maybe different but coneys the whippet added that bit extra ability atb bill

• Like 4

Had beddy x greyhounds in the late 80s early 90s, decent dogs. One thing they didn't do was show aggression to other dogs in fact the case was the exact opposite.

Lurchers that want to fight other lurchers, show aggression towards their hunting partners are culls IMO. Aggression to other dogs and a willingness to get the job done on teeth are a million miles apart.

• Like 9
4 hours ago, billhardy said:

Two crows do you really believe they was just beddy xs greyhounds ta Salukis  don't think so if this was the case they all could pretty much be replicated lol .burrells ,I aye saying a fast saluki blooded hound don't add good qualities because I believ a drop in a jukel don't go amiss we had the Norfolk mixed beddie blood.  Back when it all began some still do .atb bill

don't fkin tell me how my first dogs were bred there was nothing but a beddy cross whip/grey to a pure saluki , what other people had in their dogs is not my buisines but there was none in mine

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
26 minutes ago, two crows said:

don't fkin tell me how my first dogs were bred there was nothing but a beddy cross whip/grey to a pure saluki , what other people had in their dogs is not my buisines but there was none in mine

I am fecking telling ya ya used a non ped whippet that in all probability had bull Irish terrier and god knows what fecking eld ha as well has greyhound there be having ta fecking purist. Atb bill

5 minutes ago, billhardy said:

I am fecking telling ya ya used a non ped whippet that in all probability had bull Irish terrier and god knows what fecking eld ha as well has greyhound there be having ta fecking purist. Atb bill

fuuuk  orf, idiot I cant be doing with ya I just been feeding a poor chap his sunday dinner that got more about him than you leave me alone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3