Bedlington x Greyhound

Got to be honest, I find it quite laughable really the amount of bullshit written about bedlingtons being 'just earthdogs'. 19 inches and 28lb  how often would that dog have been used to ground? Lol.

Everything I've read about bedlingtons says they were 'unparalleled allround workers', not just eath dogs. Might that be why there is, and was, such a size difference?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

Most terriers come in all shapes and sizes. Same as most terrier types come in shite and good working ability.

Just taken on a pup sired by a good first cross Beddy Greyhound, Haven't a clue from what lines, all I know is that it does what its meant to do ?

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, leegreen said:

Most terriers come in all shapes and sizes. Same as most terrier types come in shite and good working ability.

Just taken on a pup sired by a good first cross Beddy Greyhound, Haven't a clue from what lines, all I know is that it does what its meant to do ?

Good show old chap that's what matters 

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, leegreen said:

Exactly all these names coats and peddlers fecking joke good workers that all that matters

• Like 2

Neil Beacon Bred First Cross. The dog is 7 years old and it has been a first rate rabbiting dog taking hundreds of rabbits.

Best coat I have ever seen on a first cross, mouth like a crockadile, very biddable, bomb proof with stock just a pleasure to spend some memorable days around catching a few rabbits. The most robust 1st cross I have ever seen but with plenty of pace. 100% marker the dog never lies.

20191004_160341.jpg

20191004_160330.jpg

• Like 9
43 minutes ago, budgie123 said:

Neil Beacon Bred First Cross. The dog is 7 years old and it has been a first rate rabbiting dog taking hundreds of rabbits.

Best coat I have ever seen on a first cross, mouth like a crockadile, very biddable, bomb proof with stock just a pleasure to spend some memorable days around catching a few rabbits. The most robust 1st cross I have ever seen but with plenty of pace. 100% marker the dog never lies.

20191004_160341.jpg

20191004_160330.jpg

Nice looking dog fella what would you say your dog lacked in a honest opinion of your dog? 

Do you use him just as a rabbiting dog ?

1 minute ago, budgie123 said:

Rabbiting is all we do and the dog is my mates.

Personally for ferreting I don't see he lacks anything he ticks all the boxes.

The dog is very kind natured and possibly it would not take other quarry possibly a fault in some peoples eyes.

I like your honesty mate honesty goes a long way ??

Are you going to use him to breed your own replacements down the road if he’s ticking all you An your mates boxes for what you need be a shame to let a dog that you knows reliable at the job pass on without getting something out of him 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, budgie123 said:

Rabbiting is all we do and the dog is my mates.

Personally for ferreting I don't see he lacks anything he ticks all the boxes.

The dog is very kind natured and possibly it would not take other quarry possibly a fault in some peoples eyes.

Because the dog is kind natured don't mean will not do other things all my beddy lurcher have been or are kind natured but do other stuff , nice beddy greyhound ?

• Like 4

Through discussion I have had numerous times with my mate we both think the 1st Cross is the finished article and breeding on what real benefits would be delivered.

Would there be any improvement in the working ability we fail to see where for what we do.

My mate had a dog in the eighties bred from George Newcombes Blue and evey single dog in the litter was top notch dogs taking all quarry including anything with teeth but the intelligence and tractability of them was also truly top class.

They were bred on with a litter of 3/4 crosses close to my mate.

Every dog was dead by 3 years old quite a number from road traffic accidents because the level of tractability was poor. 

My mate went back to George to breed another litter out of Blue but it would no longer stand to bitches.

The  breeding on in this case delivery very little but obviously other people will have differing views.

A lad in Cumbria is coming ferreting with us and he may breed from the dog if his bitch makes the grade and I will possibly look at these if he breeds.

1 hour ago, budgie123 said:

Through discussion I have had numerous times with my mate we both think the 1st Cross is the finished article and breeding on what real benefits would be delivered.

Would there be any improvement in the working ability we fail to see where for what we do.

My mate had a dog in the eighties bred from George Newcombes Blue and evey single dog in the litter was top notch dogs taking all quarry including anything with teeth but the intelligence and tractability of them was also truly top class.

Every dog was dead by 3 years old quite a number from road traffic accidents because the level of tractability was poor. 

My mate went back to George to breed another litter out of Blue but it would no longer stand to bitches.

The  breeding on in this case delivery very little but obviously other people will have differing views.

A lad in Cumbria is coming ferreting with us and he may breed from the dog if his bitch makes the grade and I will possibly look at these if he breeds.

Interesting, and thought-provoking post, Budgie... :good:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, budgie123 said:

as phil said good post but  rta are more to do with bad handling than anything else.

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Interesting, and thought-provoking post, Budgie... :good:

It’s interesting ain’t it Phil an very contradicting at the same time starts by saying the f1 is the finish article an don’t see the benefits of any thing else being added but might take a pup out of a lad that’s coming down from Cumbria if the bitch makes the grade??‍♂️

Then recites to dogs of yesteryear to enforce his reasoning behind the thoughts that cannot be proved otherwise rather than the here An now 

sings the dogs praise of being the finished article thats bomb proof around stock and in every aspect of the job yet thinks people are stupid don’t remember nothing An can’t read between the lines Yet was on a post on here a while ago saying his mates 7yr old f1 as started taking a liking to stock??‍♂️

Think someone is blowing there own trumpet trying to be a purest there’s no such thing as the finished article with dogs there is always room for improvement if your real an honest about your own dogs 

completely lost on budgies comments tbh sounds like a purest but at the same time sounds as a play to a audience 

Personally I think all dogs are totally different to each other although mines not f1 but mostly made of beddy grey in happy with him and that's all that matters id like to get a deerhound based dog in the future again they have mixed views but could very well be really well suited to me ?‍♂️ who knows 

• Like 2