Bedlington x Greyhound

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, darbo said:

Gn stopped his Kc kennel prefix rillington in approx 1984 plus his lakelands were the same prefix. After this his dogs were not registered and he was outcrossing and breeding from these. He did back in the day use a few gutchcommon dogs and a eakring bitch lady lena owned by j piggin in a breeding. Some people have carried the breeding from these original dogs in their lines to this day. The bedlington gene pool is a small one.

Gutchcommon had better coats I was told but bigger than rillington dogs ,my uncul gave george Kelly a gutchcommon pup yrs ago that produced few good lurchers ,Darbo do you have any edrd mags with gn dogs in ,looking to get back copy's but don't no what numbers to ask 4 ,

Edited by Moocher71
9 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

yes I do northerlite my own dogs about 45years now ? don't do as much as I did as time has took its toll on the old joints  but muts are still worked regular

Good man nice to see some working  pictures of them my old mate has had a line going for 40 odd years beddy urchers hes 79 had him out the other bolting rabbits for his pup had my first lurcher in mid 70s was a collie cross then got a bedfy cross in the late 80s and stuck with them first one i got was from the line of the one i have today  Screenshot_20190926-201552_Photos.jpg.0c90d98ed05a98b8cbe69307be17dbbb.jpg

20150305_103603.jpg.b30feab16c87fccd73a38da07bade883.jpg

Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 8
10 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Good man nice to see some working  pictures of them my old mate has had a line going for 40 odd years beddy urchers hes 79 had him out the other bolting rabbits for his pup had my first lurcher in mid 70s was a collie cross then got a bedfy cross in the late 80s and stuck with them first one i got was from the line of the one i have today  Screenshot_20190926-201552_Photos.jpg.0c90d98ed05a98b8cbe69307be17dbbb.jpg

20150305_103603.jpg.b30feab16c87fccd73a38da07bade883.jpg

photo of a old bitch I lost in march in rabbiting lurchers, I I try route some old photos out mate , my first dogs were collie xs aswell

11 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Gutchcommon had better coats I was told but bigger than rillington dogs ,my uncul gave george Kelly a gutchcommon pup yrs ago that produced few good lurchers ,Darbo do you have any edrd mags with gn dogs in ,looking to get back copy's but don't no what numbers to ask 4 ,

gutchcommon far better coats , rillington dogs wasn't all small old blue was 19 ats in fact some rillington bred dogs had real bad jackets ?

29 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

gutchcommon far better coats , rillington dogs wasn't all small old blue was 19 ats in fact some rillington bred dogs had real bad jackets ?

12 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Spit of her pal,any more pics of parents ?

Your bitch got to be four yr maybe bit more now as mine 20mts 

18 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

ISSUE NO 16 AUG 1993

ISSUE NO 41 SEPT 1995

ISSUE NO 144 JULY 2004

ISSUE NO 145 AUG 2004

The one with the most information on GN breeding from the begining and the route he went down is issue no 145 Aug 2004.

• Like 1

19" and 28lbs, kind of sums up the enigma that is/was the working Bedlington. It would take a brave and dedicated man with a long term plan to use a dog of such a size with the intension of producing working terriers. A better prospect for producing lurchers, but the risk being that such a large dog had much smaller ones in it's make up.

I know that they were famous dogs in the kennel of one the most respected  terrier men of all time, just find Bedlingtons an odd/fascinating breed.

• Like 4