Bedlington x Greyhound

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

They is nothing with gn breeding left ,see lots pups up for sale rillington bred lol no 3q rillington blooded dogs about today never mind pure ,maybe trace back to gn stuff but very little rillington left unles there a secret kennel out there .

my uncul had gn dog yrs ago but border bedlington .

I had a Border/Bedlington terrier from George...most expensive dog I have ever purchased...?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, fred90 said:

no the parents were genuine. dog genetics are a strange thing they do throw some surprises. not saying it happens in every litter but it does occur. 

I agree mate genetics strange ,always puzzles me when folk say 1,8th this and that in lurchers .some best lurchers I seen pedi unknown .and when more than 3 breeds in the mix who can say how pups turn out .

1 hour ago, Phil Lloyd said:

I had a Border/Bedlington terrier from George...most expensive dog I have ever purchased...?

George was a stunning old man and sometimes arrogant,my grandad used to drink with him and when I had the Bedlingtons I took mine down to put his dog over my bitch,the 1stx border beside he had was a ugly looking thing.hos dog was the same stamp as mine and attitude so I used my own dog as they were game than his stuff.i even offered him the chance to see which dogs grafted and he backed down.he was worried in case the pups wouldn’t graft if I used his dog hence why I asked him to try to see which worked or would work.he would of probably forgotten more about the breed than most of us would ever know but I wanted to show him who would graft and who’s wouldn’t.but I generally liked him crack.

6 minutes ago, lurchers said:

George was a stunning old man and sometimes arrogant,my grandad used to drink with him and when I had the Bedlingtons I took mine down to put his dog over my bitch,the 1stx border beside he had was a ugly looking thing.hos dog was the same stamp as mine and attitude so I used my own dog as they were game than his stuff.i even offered him the chance to see which dogs grafted and he backed down.he was worried in case the pups wouldn’t graft if I used his dog hence why I asked him to try to see which worked or would work.he would of probably forgotten more about the breed than most of us would ever know but I wanted to show him who would graft and who’s wouldn’t.but I generally liked him crack.

Bill?! ?

Edited by shaaark
5 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

They is nothing with gn breeding left ,see lots pups up for sale rillington bred lol no 3q rillington blooded dogs about today never mind pure ,maybe trace back to gn stuff but very little rillington left unles there a secret kennel out there .

my uncul had gn dog yrs ago but border bedlington .

Gn stopped his Kc kennel prefix rillington in approx 1984 plus his lakelands were the same prefix. After this his dogs were not registered and he was outcrossing and breeding from these. He did back in the day use a few gutchcommon dogs and a eakring bitch lady lena owned by j piggin in a breeding. Some people have carried the breeding from these original dogs in their lines to this day. The bedlington gene pool is a small one.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, darbo said:

Gn stopped his Kc kennel prefix rillington in approx 1984 plus his lakelands were the same prefix. After this his dogs were not registered and he was outcrossing and breeding from these. He did back in the day use a few gutchcommon dogs and a eakring bitch lady lena owned by j piggin in a breeding. Some people have carried the breeding from these original dogs in their lines to this day. The bedlington gene pool is a small one.

darbo do you keep beddy lurchers ?

1 minute ago, Loton Moocher said:

darbo do you keep beddy lurchers ?

No all i have these days is a old beddy nearly 13. i have been around beddy lurchers since the early 80s as my best mate was a beddy lurcher fanatic quite a few i used to go  out with for decades had them.All my lurchers were collie crosses and saluki lurcher cross collie lurcher.i might have 1 more ferreting/mooching lurcher left in me when the old dog goes as im getting no younger. Maybe finish on a beddy type lurcher.

3 minutes ago, darbo said:

No all i have these days is a old beddy nearly 13. i have been around beddy lurchers since the early 80s as my best mate was a beddy lurcher fanatic quite a few i used to go  out with for decades had them.All my lurchers were collie crosses and saluki lurcher cross collie lurcher.i might have 1 more ferreting/mooching lurcher left in me when the old dog goes as im getting no younger. Maybe finish on a beddy type lurcher.

lol been around the block a few times like me mate , I got arthritis bad nowadays but still do a bit got a good young lad on the shovel or id be f....kd.lol   no more terriers when what have av gone but I never be without me lurchers and it always be a beddy x .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1