Bedlington x Greyhound

19 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Wouldn't have a first cross  

first crosses are always true to type so you know exactly what your gonna be getting ? and they have a fair turn of spee, aswell as good feet ,also robust enough to take knocks in there stride ?

17 hours ago, shaaark said:

Thought bruce is 5/8 3/8?

• Like 1

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

always told if there's smooth pups they not a first x bedy grey or whippet ?

i have never see smooth pups in a litter of first x ,but I see smooth in reverse 3quater bedy grey .

and folk buy for the coat alone are the ones destroying the bedy whippet .its a good thing there's not many breeding bedy greys as they deserve to be in hands of working folk not o look my dog all fluffy kind of people .

IMG_0671.JPG

classic example of a genuine first x

• Like 2
16 hours ago, fred90 said:

mine is a unregistered working Bedlington to a non ped whippet. I suppose the purists might say not genuine because the beddy isn't kc. who cares she does the job I got her for that's all that matters. 

Screenshot_20191002_142242_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20191002_142128_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

nice little beddy/whippet fred

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Nice give me a working dog over kc any day big Bruce waiting on a bolt today nice bit of frost tjis morning  had a good morning good few sitting out 20191002_143856.jpg.db717d80f607e92af4f103d64381ac2a.jpg 20191002_120453.jpg.cb80c71cae57a61e091dfec6e6bf95f4.jpg

How’s the smaller dog bred NL?

On 02/10/2019 at 09:21, Moocher71 said:

always told if there's smooth pups they not a first x bedy grey or whippet ?

i have never see smooth pups in a litter of first x ,but I see smooth in reverse 3quater bedy grey .

and folk buy for the coat alone are the ones destroying the bedy whippet .its a good thing there's not many breeding bedy greys as they deserve to be in hands of working folk not o look my dog all fluffy kind of people .

IMG_0671.JPG

What size is your bitch Moocher 71?

7 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

first crosses are always true to type so you know exactly what your gonna be getting ? and they have a fair turn of spee, aswell as good feet ,also robust enough to take knocks in there stride ?

You any pictures of your dogs and do you work dogs ??

On 2 October 2019 at 14:43, nothernlite said:

Nice give me a working dog over kc any day big Bruce waiting on a bolt today nice bit of frost tjis morning  had a good morning good few sitting out 20191002_143856.jpg.db717d80f607e92af4f103d64381ac2a.jpg 20191002_120453.jpg.cb80c71cae57a61e091dfec6e6bf95f4.jpg

That's adzactly right  allways a working dog and one that fits the title working beddy. One that works under the sod atb bill

On 02/10/2019 at 14:54, fred90 said:

looks a good morning. its nice to see there is still a few rabbits in places. 

Rabbits seem to b holding out in places just not near me ,out on lamp other night not a single coney on first farm and bitch only got two runs in 4 hours ,plenty of other stuff but its rabbiting I like the best so looks like I will b traveling a lot this season .

On 02/10/2019 at 10:16, poxon said:

I know f1 bedlington greyhounds are meant to be unformed peas in a pod but there have been people who have said  had a smooth pop up in a litter but bet it comes back to the bedlington linkage it’s not hard to rig a out cross in kc bedlingtons but saying that modern day bedlingtons are not exactly as unformed as people believe there’s so many different type stamps An sizes.

with 3quarter bred it smooth an rough just like bedlington lurcher to lurcher 

tbh Im still struggling to get my head round the why with bedlington xs there’s such a fascination with the f1 if someone wants a bedlington x why it’s got to be a f1 or it’s not a bedlington x in the eyes of the purest I mean most of these f1s are bred out of none worker to a working terrier tongue in cheek to produce a working dog when none f1s are worker to proven worker I’m told mine are not bedlington xs because there not f1s but I’m ok with that I agree as mine are type bred bedlington xs

ps lovely looking dog by the way ??

to me your lurcher is bedlington x and I got a first x as I wanted to no what was in her ,she's doing me good so I'm happy ,as for looks it don't matter to me a good juck is a good juck no matter coat ,size ,breed etc .

and all my dogs got a touch of bedy in them ,

On 30/09/2019 at 22:29, Loton Moocher said:

the stud dog neil bacon was using at his puppy farm was the worst example of a working Bedlington you could wish to see ? and I very much doubt it had anything of georges stuff in it whatsoever it was as wide as a bulldog ?

They is nothing with gn breeding left ,see lots pups up for sale rillington bred lol no 3q rillington blooded dogs about today never mind pure ,maybe trace back to gn stuff but very little rillington left unles there a secret kennel out there .

my uncul had gn dog yrs ago but border bedlington .

6 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Maybe the parents not what they think they are ?

no the parents were genuine. dog genetics are a strange thing they do throw some surprises. not saying it happens in every litter but it does occur. 

Edited by fred90