Bedlington x Greyhound

2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

always told if there's smooth pups they not a first x bedy grey or whippet ?

i have never see smooth pups in a litter of first x ,but I see smooth in reverse 3quater bedy grey .

and folk buy for the coat alone are the ones destroying the bedy whippet .its a good thing there's not many breeding bedy greys as they deserve to be in hands of working folk not o look my dog all fluffy kind of people .

IMG_0671.JPG

this if its smooth it's not a first cross is a myth. it's not uncommon in first crosses I have seen a few smooth ones. 

• Like 1

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, poxon said:

I know f1 bedlington greyhounds are meant to be unformed peas in a pod but there have been people who have said  had a smooth pop up in a litter but bet it comes back to the bedlington linkage it’s not hard to rig a out cross in kc bedlingtons but saying that modern day bedlingtons are not exactly as unformed as people believe there’s so many different type stamps An sizes.

with 3quarter bred it smooth an rough just like bedlington lurcher to lurcher 

tbh Im still struggling to get my head round the why with bedlington xs there’s such a fascination with the f1 if someone wants a bedlington x why it’s got to be a f1 or it’s not a bedlington x in the eyes of the purest I mean most of these f1s are bred out of none worker to a working terrier tongue in cheek to produce a working dog when none f1s are worker to proven worker I’m told mine are not bedlington xs because there not f1s but I’m ok with that I agree as mine are type bred bedlington xs

ps lovely looking dog by the way ??

if there is bedlington in them they are beddy crosses. doesn't matter how they are bread. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, fred90 said:

if there is bedlington in them they are beddy crosses. doesn't matter how they are bread. 

The purest are not gunner like that statement young fred ?? bitzas or scatter bred is there favoured terms for calling them  the only difference between these bitzas or scattered breds as there called are thay are producing what the f1 is suppose to be doing more readily than the f1s ??‍♂️ I do value a good f1 though but very hard to find 

4 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

always told if there's smooth pups they not a first x bedy grey or whippet ?

i have never see smooth pups in a litter of first x ,but I see smooth in reverse 3quater bedy grey .

and folk buy for the coat alone are the ones destroying the bedy whippet .its a good thing there's not many breeding bedy greys as they deserve to be in hands of working folk not o look my dog all fluffy kind of people .

IMG_0671.JPG

where you get this photo of my bitch from moocher 71? lol

1 hour ago, poxon said:

The purest are not gunner like that statement young fred ?? bitzas or scatter bred is there favoured terms for calling them  the only difference between these bitzas or scattered breds as there called are thay are producing what the f1 is suppose to be doing more readily than the f1s ??‍♂️ I do value a good f1 though but very hard to find 

mine is a unregistered working Bedlington to a non ped whippet. I suppose the purists might say not genuine because the beddy isn't kc. who cares she does the job I got her for that's all that matters. 

Screenshot_20191002_142242_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20191002_142128_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, fred90 said:

mine is a unregistered working Bedlington to a non ped whippet. I suppose the purists might say not genuine because the beddy isn't kc. who cares she does the job I got her for that's all that matters. 

Screenshot_20191002_142242_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20191002_142128_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Nice give me a working dog over kc any day big Bruce waiting on a bolt today nice bit of frost tjis morning  had a good morning good few sitting out 20191002_143856.jpg.db717d80f607e92af4f103d64381ac2a.jpg 20191002_120453.jpg.cb80c71cae57a61e091dfec6e6bf95f4.jpg

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Nice give me a working dog over kc any day big Bruce waiting on a bolt today nice bit of frost tjis morning  had a good morning good few sitting out 20191002_143856.jpg.db717d80f607e92af4f103d64381ac2a.jpg 20191002_120453.jpg.cb80c71cae57a61e091dfec6e6bf95f4.jpg

looks a good morning. its nice to see there is still a few rabbits in places. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Hurlock said:

How did you rate the little beddy whip grey x saluki grey I think it was, you had a few years back NL? I always loved the look of it. Think it was killed working?

That was a beddy whippet greyhound that got killed broke its back  my mate had the one with saluki in it was a decent enough dog must be about 7 now 

9 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Had some cracking days so far this season looming forward to sunday 7 hour round trip but worth it to see the dogs work 

the travelling is well worth it ?. rabbit numbers are very low around me. just mooching about but love watching the dog work, only pick up ones and twos where the dog marks or picks up odd ones out of cover but still enjoying it. 

• Like 1