Bedlington x Greyhound

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, two crows said:

that's the same everywhere I have been in running dogs a long time, and you often get slagged off for trying to pass on knowledge, and help people to possibly  avoid making mistakes you may have made, and are often dismissed as a has been, or what you bred or did in the past is put down  by younger lads, there can often be a lack of respect that would not exist in person, every one young and old has a story to tell and wise men listen and learn.

You have alot knowledge crow and although I make the odd daft comment I would ask you 4 advice old chap respect is due

Now could you put a pic up of you in that hat ?

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, Marvel said:

Aye bred from the right stuff.

Proper stuff marvel ??

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

well on this thread is the place to put up as much information as you can, or if you don't send me a PM.

Did you know just try and bred a litter was old bob the chugger no down giving you a hand was thst from proper stuff ??

• Haha 1
On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 19:51, morton said:

My lamping career started with wax jackets,ex post office canvas mailbags and 12volt acid car batteries,a few years later we had the luxury of second hand motorbike batteries from a mate at Colin Appleyards at a fiver a time,we hauled 2 of them each to get a decent stint in,in the Dales.I still own the scars on my calfs from acid leakage and went through a few jackets a season with acid rot.

remember them days well , and it was before the rifle boys cottoned on to lamping .it was a lot easier and safer back then ?

On 30/09/2019 at 22:58, darbo said:

Terry aherne beddys have been used at stud to a coursing grey over the years and ive heard good reports of some of the offspring.

My bitch is coming on fine out of Terry's stuff and I no couple lads who run siblings to  my bitch that are doing well 

19 hours ago, troyboy17 said:

Nothernlite there are a lot looking for a genuine first cross but very few about

i agree Troyboy ,plenty breeding bedy whippet but not grey.

maybe it's because they don't want to b stuck with a grey in kennels but I see some good greyhounds work preban take fox easy ,

• Like 3
On 30/09/2019 at 20:12, poxon said:

I mean even for owning not from a selling point of view from a buyer point of view people expect bedlington xs to be broken coated 

always told if there's smooth pups they not a first x bedy grey or whippet ?

i have never see smooth pups in a litter of first x ,but I see smooth in reverse 3quater bedy grey .

and folk buy for the coat alone are the ones destroying the bedy whippet .its a good thing there's not many breeding bedy greys as they deserve to be in hands of working folk not o look my dog all fluffy kind of people .

IMG_0671.JPG

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

always told if there's smooth pups they not a first x bedy grey or whippet ?

i have never see smooth pups in a litter of first x ,but I see smooth in reverse 3quater bedy grey .

and folk buy for the coat alone are the ones destroying the bedy whippet .its a good thing there's not many breeding bedy greys as they deserve to be in hands of working folk not o look my dog all fluffy kind of people .

IMG_0671.JPG

I know f1 bedlington greyhounds are meant to be unformed peas in a pod but there have been people who have said  had a smooth pop up in a litter but bet it comes back to the bedlington linkage it’s not hard to rig a out cross in kc bedlingtons but saying that modern day bedlingtons are not exactly as unformed as people believe there’s so many different type stamps An sizes.

with 3quarter bred it smooth an rough just like bedlington lurcher to lurcher 

tbh Im still struggling to get my head round the why with bedlington xs there’s such a fascination with the f1 if someone wants a bedlington x why it’s got to be a f1 or it’s not a bedlington x in the eyes of the purest I mean most of these f1s are bred out of none worker to a working terrier tongue in cheek to produce a working dog when none f1s are worker to proven worker I’m told mine are not bedlington xs because there not f1s but I’m ok with that I agree as mine are type bred bedlington xs

ps lovely looking dog by the way ??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

I know f1 bedlington greyhounds are meant to be unformed peas in a pod but there have been people who have said  had a smooth pop up in a litter but bet it comes back to the bedlington linkage it’s not hard to rig a out cross in kc bedlingtons but saying that modern day bedlingtons are not exactly as unformed as people believe there’s so many different type stamps An sizes.

with 3quarter bred it smooth an rough just like bedlington lurcher to lurcher 

tbh Im still struggling to get my head round the why with bedlington xs there’s such a fascination with the f1 if someone wants a bedlington x why it’s got to be a f1 or it’s not a bedlington x in the eyes of the purest I mean most of these f1s are bred out of none worker to a working terrier tongue in cheek to produce a working dog when none f1s are worker to proven worker I’m told mine are not bedlington xs because there not f1s but I’m ok with that I agree as mine are type bred bedlington xs

ps lovely looking dog by the way ??

Wouldn't have a first cross  

• Like 2